But good weekend and nice to see many friends
one for the Barracudas 67~69
Attachments
IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2912.JPG (102.49 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
Jim

Re: Mopar EuroNationals 27/28/29 July. Santa Pod Raceway

Post by Jim »

Well the weather was rubbish.. What a bummer after all those weeks of sunshine the weather had to break over our weekend. It would have been a great Nat's too. Well, poop happens every so often... we do live in England.

Over the weekend several people asked me if this year was going to be the last Nat's! This wasn't one person asking me, it was several. I have no idea how this rumour has spread or why. It hasn't come from the organisers and not from Santa Pod either. I am pleased to confirm that rumours of the death of the Nat's are completely unfounded. Indeed, we are already planning Nat's 2019 and beyond with full commitment from Santa Pod Raceway. The Mopar EuroNationals is good for years to come.

With Santa Pod's support we will be introducing new additions and improvements to ensure everyone' experience of the Mopar Nat's is better than ever and to keep it at the top of your events list. We will confirm the dates for next year's Nat's as soon as Santa Pod finalise their 2019 calendar.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Jim wrote: Mon Jul 30, 18 10:34 am Well the weather was rubbish.. What a bummer after all those weeks of sunshine the weather had to break over our weekend. It would have been a great Nat's too. Well, poop happens every so often... we do live in England.

Over the weekend several people asked me if this year was going to be the last Nat's! This wasn't one person asking me, it was several. I have no idea how this rumour has spread or why. It hasn't come from the organisers and not from Santa Pod either. I am pleased to confirm that rumours of the death of the Nat's are completely unfounded. Indeed, we are already planning Nat's 2019 and beyond with full commitment from Santa Pod Raceway. The Mopar EuroNationals is good for years to come.

With Santa Pod's support we will be introducing new additions and improvements to ensure everyone' experience of the Mopar Nat's is better than ever and to keep it at the top of your events list. We will confirm the dates for next year's Nat's as soon as Santa Pod finalise their 2019 calendar.
Well, that could not be better news!

More power to you and the EuroNats Committee!

:thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Yes i heard that being said too Jim, something to do with the Pro Mods not being invited or not willing to pay what they're being asked? I wouldn't know who has to pay who so I'm not sure what was being inferred but it was all doom and gloom from some quarters :roll:

Great news if the Pod are still keen tho :thumbright: =D> I'd love it too if the nay-sayers were proved wrong :P
Fatboy 88

Post by Fatboy 88 »

Pleased to hear the Nats will be happening again next year,we too heard it was in it's dying days. :(
As someone who attended the very first Nats and many more over the years I was disappointed to hear of a proper muscle car event becoming history.

I know the weather wasn't kind to us but we felt there was something missing this year. I don't mean the cars, it just didn't feel right even in the bar area at night.
Let's hope with the Mopar Nats organisation and Santa Pod the event can get back on track and perk it up.

Sometimes things need change to survive.
kma176

Post by kma176 »

I heard the 'rumours' from more than one source & some quiet high-up & long standing members !!!!

I Sincerely hope it carries on .

Its the best weekend of the year even with the Rain & Wind - meeting the members and some right characters from the club is a great way to spend a weekend.

A Big Thanks to all the organisers & long may it continue :salute: :salute:

PS
Can we have some XL celebratory polo shirts next time please for all us Fat B******* .

Regards
Kev
Steve

Post by Steve »

XL is 'athletic' in my book! From a fellow fat Bananarama!! Cheers :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

kma176 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 18 1:27 pm

PS
Can we have some XL celebratory polo shirts next time please for all us Fat B******* .

Regards
Kev
I liked the t-shirt design this year.... except it was the 25th event... not the 25th Anniversary! That's next year... :drwho: :lol:
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

A massive problem with the mopar nats, is and it might sound strong Pussy owning mopar owners and general muscle car pussy owners not attending THE EVENT To keep going the event needs attenendance, I can see it everyone looking on there phones,, ooh 30% chance of rain,, ooh now its 40% chance of rain I darebt go might get wet ffs, its the best show of the year yes it can rain so what, you all go them pussy static shows it can rain there to you know,how do you think racers feel Bananarama! of when it rains but we still go draggin the trailors race gear its a lot of work but without the gamble most time there would be no cars to race if we were pussies,so no show,

I don't get the lack of coverage for this event before or after blinkin Brooklands gets more why ffs its a static show with no action except a little slow drive then a photo shoot on the banked track that's not been used for over 50 yrs,,,,,,,,,,,,, er you can drive your cars at the pod and take photos if that's what horns you,,

Thanks Tony Jim Rich N Tim you guys have done the biz for 25 years and for me has been a must do event since the start,,, thank you,,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Yes it was a shame the weather was poor on Sunday but we still has a great time on Friday and Saturday, it was still a successful NATs Jim, thanks to you all for another great year! :thumbright:

(Good news that the rumours were unfounded, I think we've all breathed a sigh of relief).
Martin Walker
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

My first time to Euro Nats and Santa Pod. Drove 3 hours to get there on Sunday, we turned up and the racing was cancelled. So we had a burger, looked at a few wet cars, got back in our car and drove the 3 hour journey home. Not a great day.

Shame that Santa Pod couldn’t have mentioned it was cancelled on the website or Facebook page, as I checked beforehand.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Jim

Post by Jim »

Mark B wrote: Mon Jul 30, 18 2:40 pm My first time to Euro Nats and Santa Pod. Drove 3 hours to get there on Sunday, we turned up and the racing was cancelled. So we had a burger, looked at a few wet cars, got back in our car and drove the 3 hour journey home. Not a great day.

Shame that Santa Pod couldn’t have mentioned it was cancelled on the website or Facebook page, as I checked beforehand.
Yes the weather was a real bummer, especially after all the good weather we had. Unfortunately this happens occasionally, but Santa Pod can't call off the day just on a weather report. They called it off at about 12.30, that is when they decided it would not be possible to get the track dry and for it to stay dry in time for any real racing to take place. Let's just hope for better weather next year. Keep the faith, it's a great event on a sunny weekend!