Doorslammers 3-10-87

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Doorslammers 3-10-87

Post by RobTwin »

Another wet October weekend at Santa Pod....
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

should rename this the 'Blue's Duster Archive'...
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

continued...
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

few more...
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

So how quick was the duster then ????
Blue

Post by Blue »

Ran 11.2 with a big 'ol bog off the line, it needed more convertor, would have run a 10 for sure, not bad for a 383 in those days....
Adam

Post by Adam »

Great pics Rob. My favourite car is, of course, the 69 Hemi Roadrunner next to my Satellite in the second pic. The one that Jim Wilson imported.
Anonymous

duster

Post by Anonymous »

More pics of blues old duster and whats happened to it would be great.those doorslammer events were bril. MITCH
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Mitch, more pics comin right up! Or as soon as I can get the '89 Garys Picnic & Doorslammers scanned.

Blue's already relived the tale of what happened to his old Duster, check this out

http://www.mopartalk.co.uk/mopartalk/vi ... php?t=5950

Youre not still thinking of cutting yours up are you? Just found this pic from the (I think) 86 Picnic..... More to follow when I've scanned the rest.

Loved that car :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great p9ictures Rob, gotta say, for those of us who were mere "kids" in those days, they are a real treat. I remember seeing some of those cars in CC and SM when I was a mere slip of a lad.

Thanks again for taking the time to scan and post.

Clive
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for the picture of my car Rob,Had the car about a year now needs a bit of body work and respray,yes I am still thinking about backhalving it.Was brilliant to see the car back in '86 would love to see more pictures of the car and any information about it.
Also and pictures of any dusters.
Mitch
Blue

Post by Blue »

Didn't realise you had that Duster Mitch! It's survived all these years without getting seriously molested, be a bit of a shame to cut it up now, still it's your car and you can do as you wish...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

mitch wrote:Thanks for the picture of my car Rob,Had the car about a year now needs a bit of body work and respray,yes I am still thinking about backhalving it.Was brilliant to see the car back in '86 would love to see more pictures of the car and any information about it.
Also and pictures of any dusters.
Mitch
Lived over by my parents for a while near Huntingdon, the then owner took me out in it once.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Spent some time in North london before that, the guy phoned me up to say he wanted the transmission looking at but never came back to me....
Mick

Post by Mick »

Was this the year that Jeff Manni won, i remember the Vette one year and he came over with a guy in a silver malibu, both very quick cars, i've got it on video somewhere.