Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Gary's Picnic '86???

Post by RobTwin »

Next batch.....

Brings back some fun memories of very hot weekend
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

OOPS!! This topic was meant to be called Gary's Picnic '86??? not '87 #-o (fixed :D )

Oh well, next 5 pics, whatever the year was....
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

last lot
Kev

Post by Kev »

These are FANTASTIC pics, keep 'em up, Mr Twin! Muldooney's Coronet was the first Mopar I went out in. A mate and me went over to his to buy a Honda SL125 (I was Muldooney's apprentice at the time, just before being Johnny Mental, of Top Fuel slingshot fame's, apprentice.) I took Gerkin over there on the back of me Honda XL250. Muldooney took us out in the primrose yellow Cornet and we were blown away! Imagine! Young blokes on 250- bikes (well fast mate!) being blasted up Leytonstone High St in a 13 second street car back in '83ish. Madness! 8) 8) 8)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thanks Kev! More to come. Nearly into the 90's!

Never got to go in Muldooney's Coronet but did have a blast round Freezewater (nr Enfield) in Blue's Duster when it was Big, Green & very Loud. Also got a ride back to Waltham Abbey from North Weald in Mark Richard's Dart, all the way on slicks!
Them were the days..... aahhh
Kev

Post by Kev »

Sweet! 8)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Fantastic stuff, these are bringing back some great memories...I think I took the old Humber to Gary's Picnic, so that was a Mopar of sorts, but it may have been the Buick...I used the old Humber when I was hanging around with the Middlesex Cruisers and if I remember rightly we used to get up to a pub in Rob Twin's old stomping ground, Mill Hill was the place called the Three Hammers?

Could be wrong, my memory is fading a bit, but I remember Jamie Maserati was a regular with a blown V6 Anglia, that looked a lot like Blues first car and like Blue I had built another virtually unstreetable car in the shape of the Ch*vy powered, beam axled Vauxhall PC Cresta...with the money I spent on that I could have bought one of Jim Wilson's Mopars at the time!

Great pix Rob, I love 'em!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Prob was the Three Hammers Ivor, up a hill, on a corner? Posh end of town that so I wasnt allowed up there very often :lol:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Posh? It's a wonder they let us lot in then!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Rob do you know who was the owner of the GTX and what time's it was running ?????
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bananarama! was Another of George Chiles' cars it was later silver, with center lines then sold on to steve niemantis, the pic with the GTX olly's runner and part of a cuda, i think the cuda is my dads old car 73 4 speed 340 car
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Cheers fella :)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thanks Mark, must admit I dunno too much about some of the cars in these pics :shock: , just that I liked em enough to take the pics!
I presume that red cuda is the one shown in an earlier pic, DRN786S?

Last I heard it was sitting in a barn/garage somewhere down near the south coast lookin a bit sorry for itself :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah thats the one rob, that was my dad's first mopar, can i use the pic of the cuda for our site please rob?
The car was very quick, it ran low 14's on slicks and was completly standard engine wise
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

also just noticed, in the pic of George's GTX in the fire up lane, the guy in the red cap is my dad can i use that pic aswell please