Miscellaneous '89 pics

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Miscellaneous '89 pics

Post by RobTwin »

Some from the Pod, some Chelsea Cruise, and the last one from the Enfield Pageant of Motoring. All 1989. I think :shock:

Definitely some "where are they now's".....
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

last lot...
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Superb, I keep hoping I'll see my old jacked up Cresta, but I think it's been lost in the mists of time...that green 55 looks pretty serious.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Ivor wrote:...that green 55 looks pretty serious.
What? you mean compared to a Dalek?? :lol:

What colour was your Cresta Ivor? Got some pics of some, erm, less 'conventional' cars from 84ish, might be in there?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

rob in your collection do you have an pics of Plum Crazy my dads old 70 runner,
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dont think so Marc, but I'll keep looking.
I'm sure I've seen it somewhere else on here. Just had a look in 'Archive' but cant find it, maybe someone else has a pic??
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cool pics :)

Where is that that everyone is parked up at Chelsea?
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

It would be brilliant if you had a shot of it Rob, you couldn't miss it, it was black with a sky blue roof, a beam front axle, five foot ladder bars, it was 20" over stock height all around and a pro stock scoop and with the small block and two inch pipes through Thrush reversed mufflers, it made a great noise.

Subtle eh?

I made one Chelsea with it I think and ran it around Greenford and Wembley for a while, before the steering proved too dangerous and it became another of those unfinished projects.

it must have been in the early eighties when the car was bought by the West brothers of Slick Willy Willys Coupe fame, they put the engine in their pick up truck and I understand it ran a 15!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks for that Rob - I have surprisingly few pics of my old Satellite, despite owning it for 16 years!

I still have that trunk finish panel in the garage too. Not sure why I ever took it off - I think it looks better with it on.

And, in case you're wondering, yes it did go in that garage!
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Just checked on multimap! It's Parkgate Road, off Albert Bridge Road (the next bridge west from Chelsea Bridge)

see if this link works....

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... ight.y=139

used to be able to park pretty well anywhere without fear of getting clamped or a ticket. Shame the chavs of the day in their hot hatches put an end to it.

Lets hope history doesnt repeat itself [-o<
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thats a nice pic of your Satellite there Adam. Digital? Must be a few years old?

I notice Olly's roadrunner had the trunk finish panel in Neil's early 80's pics, but didnt have it by the time I knew it mid-80's.

You must have had a window in the wall of the garage level with the cars window, and got in/out Dukes style :scratch:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Rob, I took that pic the day I sold it in 1999, on my first digitronic cam, an Olympus D340. It remains the only car that has brought a lump to my throat as the new owner drove it away.

Went to a good home though, Mark Lloyd (now drives the "Lloyd's Dodge" 65 Coronet) and his family loved it too. Mark sold it to a woman who still has it, last I heard, and it has apparently cast its :plymouth: on her too.

Just to prove the Tardis-like qualities of my garage, here's another pic taken the same day, with my Coronet in the garage. I don't have to climb out of the window, but I'll admit it's becoming more of a tight squeeze to extricate myself via the door. Must cut down on the pies :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is the 'cuda the rumblefish car owned by brett smith, runs at the nats with blown 440?
Mick

Post by Mick »

I have got a pic of a 70 plum crazy road runner at the pod.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

could you post it on here please Mick or e-mail it to me?