Favourite car at the Nat's.

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

Favourite car at the Nat's.

Post by Jim »

Let's have a poll of your favourite car at the Nat's.

I'd like to kick off with my vote going to the beautiful red '63 Max Wedge Polara, - look and weep!

And I know it's not a Mopar, but what about that immaculately presented Orange & White 55 Chevy? It ran 10.80?s all weekend on (pro) street tyres and a full exhaust system.

So let?s have a vote on it. The judges made their choice.- what about you?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was in love with a '65 Polara in yellow with a black vinyl roof. That was sweet. Looked just right on black steels, no hubcaps, chrome lug nuts. :love3:

Also very keen on that '67/'68 Polara/Monaco Sportroof with the Mopar Performance dressup gear all over the motor.

I had a sneaky liking for that '78? Gran Fury sedan in black, yes I saw it was for sale but luckily I have NO money. Make a good Rosko mobile for you Dukes fans, but I'd slam it over some modern alloys and maybe add some silver flake.

Alistair's "Coolness on a stick" award goes to the sunburnt green Coronet wagon on polished Americans. Loved that, great stance, great look.

Non-Mopar pick would probably be that white '65 Mercury Comet or maybe one of the Taz Fiat 126s if I was feeling perverse... ;)
Kev

Post by Kev »

Grey Primer Dart with tunnel rammed 440 and four link rear. Real "Two Lane Blacktop". (and it's from Essex!)
Non Mopar; Gary Layton's Black and gold striped Nova, a deserved top 10!
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ah yes, the coronet wagon. Why did i sell that!

He's finished it off just how i would of done, and sorted the interior as well!

As for my fave, its a draw between the black Daytona and the yellow superbee. The superbee takes restoration to a new level!

Way cool!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

First: 1974 XB GT Falcon, Tango in colour with Walnut Glow paintouts.

Second: Carsten's Charger.

Third: Chris Allen's 71 Riviera, 13.1 seconds personal best.
Jim

Post by Jim »

That's right Roger! The quality of the restoration of the Butterscotch 1969? 440 Six Pack Super Bee is awesome, - especially considering the car was in a very bad way when he got it and has taken over four years to complete. Graham Howard went to great lengths to restore the car correctly, - he even had to pay a four figure sum for a correct air cleaner! The car is a credit to him and he was rightly awarded Best of Show for his efforts.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yep , I must agree - that Bee was absolutely stunning. Hats off etc .
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is that the one from Street Machine, looked amazing :D
DHenry

Post by DHenry »

Hi Jim,
Just a big thank you to you and the team for a great weekend, all the cars were great and my young boys loved the fireforce show, Again many thanks.

Regards
Dave Henry
Jim

Post by Jim »

Not many voters on this thread??
Anyone else got a favourite car at the Nat's (not your own car)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the white 68 charger race car,daves gtx and derek carters 68 charger cos he gave it large in the burnout compatition
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I didn't vote before, because I felt at risk of being called a boring old fart... I too loved that A12 Super Bee.

OK, it wasn't what you could call a 100 point factory accurate restoration, but I thought it was all the better for it, after all, why not paint the underside completely? It makes far more sense to me than going for "factory overspray" and a blank stripe of primer up the middle of the car!

From what I understand, the car was a real clunker and I have the utmost respect for the guy and the work he has put into it, it's an outstanding achievement.

I'll be parking my Runner right up the other end of the strip next year... :)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pete's 'Bird. That colour really jumps out and grabs you.

Sandy and Linda's Monaco Wagon.... awsome.

That 67/68 Monaco/Polara didn't just have dress up gear on the motor Alistair, it was packing some serious muscle.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bratfink wrote:That 67/68 Monaco/Polara didn't just have dress up gear on the motor Alistair, it was packing some serious muscle.
Cool, I wasn't suggesting it was just dress up, just that at the end of the day all I remember about it was how nice it looked! Nothing looks better in a white car engine bay than the black crinkle finish gear IMHO.

Any details on spec?

I missed the wagon - where was that parked up? Very fond of Monacos & Polaras, me...
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Linda parked her Wagon in the far (and much quieter) field at the end of the strip. It was also often parked next to our Chally during the day where Blue, Kev, Phil etc were camped. She picked up a great trophy for "most original Mopar" or something. The trophy was a bit scratched and slightly tatty which is cool because it matched the title of the award! :lol:

Which Nats were you at? :wink: