Duxford !

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex

Duxford !

Post by Alex »

Well what did you guys think?

We just got back :shock: good run down met up with Budgie and the Rugby crew on the A14 and followed James 'I know a shortcut' Bratby down to the gig, nice run 8-)

Duxford is every bit as good as I remembered it and it was a larf with voices over me shoulder going like that one then and the like all the way round as we bumped into various members !

Nice to see the Mosquito tucked away in one of the hangers :P

Nice to see every one today, thanks for making the effort.

Journey home was a nightmare, rain sleet snow hail, accidents, spray, pillocks the whole deal ! oh well LOL

Great day, thanks !

p.s. voice went from croaky to well, gone....bummer !
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Any pics Alex? :GimmePics!:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I enjoyed myself. :D It was nice to put names to faces and take a look at other members cars.

My trip home was a nice straight forward drive :P with the exeption of a wally hanging out of the window of a VW Golf trying to take a photo on the M11. :roll:
Alex

Post by Alex »

See Guys thread :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

8-) Great day out :D

The short cut going back along the A14 was even shorter ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes great day out. Thanks to Matt for organising. Shame it was so cold but I bet we are sold out of MMA fleeces now!! It was great to meet everyone. I did take some pics but I reckon Guy has them all covered, nice one fella.
Hope to see some of you on Friday at Wheels Day.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Well,that was a good day :D Nice to put a few more names to faces and a good turnout seeing as the weather was a bit dodgy.
Definately worth doing again,might even have a car to take next time :roll:
Thanks to all the organisers
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great day out, really glad I came and great to see everyone even if it was only for a few words.....so much to see there....I ended up driving Bob Howe over in his Roadrunner (not literally by the way), fantastic car, thanks for trusting me with her Bob. Alan Rush's Charger decided to blow a head gasket about 5 miles before we got there and was a real shame after all his hard work, but hopefully he will be back on the road soon....thanks for that oil mate, got me home but still seems to be coming out of somewhere? I'll have some pics up on me site eventually ....as soon as i can find where i put them on the Mac!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well done to Alex for suggesting it and well done to Matt for organising it, a fantastic day out. I think you should both get 30p out of the club funds for this 1.Also great to meet up with everyone.Bad news about Alans charger hope you get it fixed soon mate.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

damn ! didnt realise it was this weekend, thought it was in may, lol ! oh well, i still fancy going so i'll take the kids instead !
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Kids protested....so i took em to Hendon air museum instead.. ( retaliation)....and there was a Mustang meet on there......how i laughed :banghead:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Shame you couldnt be there Steve. Well worth a visit to Duxford one day; fair bit more there than at Hendon - will be no-contest when the new hangar's finished.
Out of interest, how many Mustangs were there at Hendon? Think there was about 30 of 'us' at Duxford (inc a few non-Mopes).
Heard a couple of times lately that they often struggle to get cars to their meets, strange considering the size of their club (twice as big as ours?)
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

:cry: Missed it...
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

I would have said around 30 - 35 cars all mustangs, a very nice 69 Shelby
and 2 Pontiacs a 66 and 71 le mans and a 01 C5 Vette.

As as by note the Corvette meet at Huntingdon race course on the 24/25 June, there will be 4.... 2nd WW Merlin engines doing running displays i9n test frames. COOL
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V