Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Guy

Post by Guy »

You got that prop sorted out yet Nick??
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

That's brilliant news Guy, I left my mobile in the glove box of the Runner, so I didn't pick up your text until this morning, but when I saw that PB, I knew that would make your weekend.

I'm glad Mary enjoyed meeting my Dad :oops:

I met Mick and Dave from Nottingham, they'd brought the 440 Dart GTS...yep, it's a real one! and glad to see they'd got things going right later on in the day, those ratchet shifters have got to be spot on to work well :)

Dunc and Bri were on top form as usual and having fun...when they could get down the track, the weather and oild downs were a bit of a pain...by the end of the day I wasn't that upset that I didn't get a run in.

Shame you weren't there Nick...three 1970 Road Runners at Shakey could have been a record!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ivor wrote: I hear somebody remembered to bring his car, all the tools, enough spares to keep every B body at Shakey going until next year, but forgot his driving license...who was that then? :oops:

You know exactly who that was......ME!

It was a blessing in disguise I reckon cause I still can't get enough fuel up!!!

I got there with a blob of weld on my fuel pump actuating arm to compensate for my worn out pump pushrod.(still not pumping enough)
Iv'e tried to pull the rod out but I think it must be mushroomed over as it just stops with a clack sound rather than dropping out.

So for now Iv'e got rid of the weld and put a threaded hole in the arm with a small bolt and locknut so as I can adjust the pump travel with that.

Damn thing leans out all the time so it was for the best I had no licence maybe?

Anyway, was great to catch up with Ivor, Guy, Dunc and the crew and also good to meet Drogo, great pics by the way.

Russ.
Mick

Post by Mick »

HI Ivor, nice meeting you
I did'nt sort the ratchet could'nt get 3rd gear on the last run and threw the fan belt , still managed a 12.5 in second , i'm going to invest in a cheetah shifter and throw the ratchet in the dustbin.
Engine ran well though.
Mick
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Just "managed a 12.5" eh Mick?

I wish I could just manage a time like that! Good luck with that new shifter! :)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Congratulations, Guy. Top job :)
Nick

Post by Nick »

Not yet Guy, new prop didnt fit new slip yoke and had to take to Santa Pod at weekend to give to the supplier so he can sort it, otherwise would have been there.

Should be ready for the meet in May and look forward to seeing you all there.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thanks Ivor and well done Guy 3/10,s is a large improvement.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Guy! Catching me up, you ol' dog! 8-) 8-) 8-)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>