Muscle Car Mania at SCR todays pics

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Brilliant shots Dave...and you even got one of me a me dad!

I hear somebody remembered to bring his car, all the tools, enough spares to keep every B body at Shakey going until next year, but forgot his driving license...who was that then? :oops:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Jon

Post by Jon »

they never asked me for a driving licence at the hot rod drags last year, did this anonymous bloke try and sign on anyway?
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

No he didn't Jon! :)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I knew a bloke that did the same thing so he borrowed a licence from someone else. It was tricky but I - sorry - HE managed to talk his way through. ;)
Blue

Post by Blue »

lost count of how many times I've had to sign on for someone...
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

Just got back from another day at SCR. Had real problems yesterday, the car was just cutting out, sometimes more than once. Same again today, so I got the fuel filter off and cleaned it out, it was full of rust particles. Next run was up against my son in his Integra, felt a lot better and I ran 14.6 against his 15.3. Never improved on that, the problem started to come back but at least I know what I need to do.
Kev

Post by Kev »

You'll be signing on for yourself this year, Blue! 8-)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yes indeedy, or someone else will if I forget my license....
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

new p best for guy 13 7 well done that guy
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

8-) Well done Guy =D>

How was the new frying pan :lol:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Nice one, keep turning that wick up...
Kev

Post by Kev »

8-) 8-)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Alex

Post by Alex »

The banana is cooking now! way to go dude :P
Guy

Post by Guy »

Thanks chaps great weekend me and Mary were there for the duration Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The journey to Avon Park normally takes me about 35minbut the traffic was bad on the A46 and it took over two hours to get there the Cuda was rammed full of camping gear, food, spares and four extra wheels (slicks and the two fronts) Mary was sitting on the bedding and her head was touching the roof lining so it was a bit of an uncomfortable drive down. No problems with scrutineering this year as the car was checked over while I was putting up the tent 8-) Got the car ready and settled in for the night. It was damm cold.

Sunday morning went to sign on and the meet up with Dunc Bri and Dave had a bit of a chat then off to run the car as most of you know the car last year and the year before that always ran 14.01-14.05 so the first run was a 14.02 bummer never mind at least it wasn’t slower next three runs saw 14.03,14.05 and a 14.01 I dropped the pressure in the slicks to 14psi and ran a 13.97 which matched my previous PB :) great I thought im going the right way next run 14.03 :( I found that my rev counter is not that accurate when setting the shift light to come on at 6000 it hits the limiter(6400) the instance the light comes on.

The racing finished for the day most people packed up and went home, the pits were empty about 15 cars in total it was going to be a long night I pulled the carb to pieces and went up four jet sizes front and rear changed the power valve and rear squirters then went and had dinner that Mary had been preparing then I opened the JD and she opened a bottle of wine, about 930 went to the bar and had a few pints and the rest of the JD :Absynth: it was about 0330 when we got back to the tent and went to sleep it didn’t feel that cold ( wonder why).

Next morning we woke up about 0830 not feeling to well, Mary made breakfast I had one bite felt bad and went back to bed and woke up at 1130 with one hell of a hangover a cup of tea and a couple of paracetamol made me feel a little better, off to the start line in the car ( I was wishing I had capped the exhaust back up TOO LOUD) the first run 13.92 at 99mph well chuffed the carb changes had worked picked up on et and mph.

I took the car straight back round for another go did small burn out went to stage and got pulled by a fire marshal =; who said I was leaking water we pushed the car back and I checked for a leak and could find nothing wrong :scratch: I asked the marshal where about it was coming from and he said he wasn’t sure but there was anti freeze all over the track not me then as I have no antifreeze in the car at the moment. They let me run again 13.75 @99.17 :D I was like a dog with two ----- . that’s it I call it a day why hurt the motor any more lets get the tent packed up and load the car and slowly drive back home avoiding Stratford as it was blocked solid again.

See you all at SCR in a couple of weeks
Nick

Post by Nick »

Way to go Guy. Well done.