Found these

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Alex wrote:Sandy, the green one is Sarah Bradley's and the dark blue one is Jim's old Hemi Runner, those were taken at Avon way back right, that was the first time I got a ride in a Hemi car, thanks Jim :P that was a blast and you didn't even know who I was back then !

That is the first pic I have seen of that yellow car I remember from there and I don't remember seeing it since!
Sarah Bradley's car came from Falkirk. Owned by a guy called McFadgen. I talked to Sarah about the car way back st one of the Avon Park MoPar Nats and she did come all the way up here to get it from ... Kenny, I think his name was. It was/is a nice car.

The photos are from 1992.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I remember the car well, mine was pretty much stock and that one was a it blinged up for the day, wheels and shiney stuff under the hood :P I remember it had neat road runner mud flaps!

'92 huh, wow a wile ago for sure, man I got badly drunk that weekend! that was the meet with the killer thunderstorm in the evening right? I have a vague memory of an old Mercedes with a big block in it as well??!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You are right about the thunderstorm. There were a lot of oil downs, and I was in the fire up lane in the GN and you could see the black clouds rolling in, and the lightning in the distance. Once the rain started, we headed back up the road, four up, cruise'n'a/c on, Rain X-a-go-go.

It seems a million years ago now :(

Edit: or maybe it wasn't ? There was one time I went to Avon Park ... left Glasgow at 1800. Went to the Edinburgh Cruise till 0200, then set off down to Avon Park, raced all day and drove home. Those were the days :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 28, 06 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Indeed it does, seems a lot further to travel these days as well !
Guy

Post by Guy »

The Cuda became was S.keens old kingston car I think it now lives in Germany
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ya got me on the striped Roadrunner and black Coronet Sandy, but...

The Sunfire 68 Roadrunner was Pete Webb's. Got rear ended as he was waiting to turn into Avon Park that weekend - see the rear bumper is all bent? Pete kept it for years after, but rarely took it out again. Jim Wilson had that car recently.

The bright yellow Pro Street 68 Satellite was built by Tony Jarvis for Paul Ungless, then bought back from him. Tony still has the car.

Can I go to bed now?
Last edited by Adam on Mon May 29, 06 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Missed you at Brookie today, Adam. Said "Hi" to Caroline who said I was being very quiet. Amazing what a serious attempt on the 12s from a 318 (All be it wiv "cheating gas", according to Mrs Tig!) will do to a bloke. Still; 12 and the change on Friday at the Nats means I can go chicken oriental again!
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

sandy the 68 hemi rt coronet is now fully restored and i mean totaly correct unbelievable resto and would have won every trophy goin over here this summer, but it has been shipped out to new zealand with the same owner who has emigrated there
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Sandy wrote:Sarah Bradley's car came from Falkirk. Owned by a guy called McFadgen.
It was owned and "restored" to that condition by a guy that lived near me. It then went to an idiot in Segefield where it had diff problems and no-one around there had a clue how to fix it. That would be around 1991 or 92.

The pink "T/A" was a 318/4-speed car that was originally painted pink with multi coloured stripes by Dave Billi-do and his dad. Back when Dave was about 17 or something. It later was owned by a guy at Whitley Bay down the road from me. It got the T/A treatment by the next owner.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

as far as I know (Steve AllKiller may confirm/correct me), the green 69 roadrunner RRX972H definitely used to belong to Tony Walden of Kings Langley, nr Watford back in the late 80's / early 90's. He may even have been the 1st UK owner. I seem to remember talking to him about the US owner it was bought from.

Stu & I went to see the car at his place to borrow some bits off his kickdown linkage so we could get some made, as ours didnt have all the bits when we went big block in 1987. So I reckon it was about a year after that, that Tony had the car, say '88 or '89. Maybe earlier.
He definitely still had it in 91 cos we went to this show together (see below). Sorry it's more a pic of our car but I havent scanned them all from that show.

Not sure when he got rid, but it went to a lady down on/near the south coast, Southampton IIRC.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I am sure it was definitely up here. But the guy that had it may have been full of bull about doing the work on it. I suspected that at the time. I will have some photos of it from about 1990-92 at South Shields somewhere. I might have got the dates worng but it was around that time I think.
steveo

found these

Post by steveo »

i also think Tony from kings langley was the first owner of RRX972H it was about 89 , because when i saw him at the pod ( RYWB) i asked where his green 68 charger was. i use to see it quite a few times at the pod in 88 . green 68 with 69 grill reg no ,EGC***X i think
Last edited by steveo on Thu Jun 01, 06 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattH

Post by MattH »

The red Charger is Kiwis .
The yellow 68 Runner is being restored by Richard Brezinski and is now B5 blue. It was years ago known as CHANTILLY LACE and raced in a red white blue striped livery.
The white Duster is possibly (?) a Hang 10 that I saw at Brooklands Motorvatin USA event in 1994, I recognise the wheels. Cant find a pic though
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car