CORNWALL MEET

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

CORNWALL MEET

Post by Anonymous »

Mopars are getting popular down ere! :lol:
These are pics were taken from the last meet (3 Sept) of the only regular American car meet here in Cornwall.
The first is Daniels 69 Charger SE, he has done a blinding job in restoring it and turning it into a General Lee. He even went to the length of using paint chips from two original Dukes Chargers to get the best paint colour.
The next car is a Gorgous 4 speed 70 Challenger RT/SE (awful pic, but only one at mo) that belongs to Ivan.
Im hoping these guys will be MMA members very soon!
Also Mark Belcher was there. He is possibly MMAs newest member and has recently bought a 69 Dart Swinger. This car has been stored up the road from me for the past 10 years without me knowing it, and hopefully this very solid and original car will be on the road soon.
The Barracude that was spoken of on this forum for a while was there with its new owner. He is well pleased with it, unfortunatly he left before I could get his details. :oops:
I now know of 8 muscle Mopars in Cornwall.
The meet is held at Mcdonalds, Fraddon (on the A30), Cornwall on the first Saturday of every month. Please come and join us if your a Mopar fan, or contact me on 07837425458. Hopefully we will be able to start an MMA local meet sometime! 8)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 18, 04 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Looks and sounds like you got some nice cars down your way :lol:
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is Daniel in the MMA?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi will,
I gave him a membership form yesterday so hopefully he will be a member very soon!
Do you know him already? I know he is in contact with other General Lee owners.
Hes a real character and a confirmed Dukes fanatic! I believe he has a web site on the Dukes in general and his Chargers restoration in particular.8)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Daniel is a member as of this mornings post!!
Welcome.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hell! He didnt hang about! :) He only got the form late on Sunday! :shock:
Im sure he will be a valuable member, he done the Charger work pretty much off his own back, ask him about the roof peeling off with the vinyl covering! :roll:
Just got to work on Ivan, the other guy with the Barracuda, and find the owner of that 67 Charger. 8)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

CP, if i had a quid for every time i've urged Ivan to join the MMA! He has some serious plans for that 44o Challengerin the pipeleine.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Is that the orange SE ? If so I know a little about the car, if he joins I will pass it on!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Matt, I know that Ivan would like to know more about the car. It came with a history file but, I theres a few questions that he'd like answered. I dont know if he's on-line yet so i'll nag him a bit!
Alex

Post by Alex »

This is rum, I just returned from a wedding anneversary weekend away, Cornwall would be nice we thought and as I know Falmouth well, thats where we went, no cars just us and the sea etc.

So we go into the town and as we pass WH Smith I though I would pop in and see if ACW was in as our and Pete's old Mustang is the cover car, so I am looking ofr it mumbling I can't find it and this geezer is thumbing through Clas Am and he sez 'they don't stock it mate',

'Rats' I answer followed by 'You own a Yank then?' 'Yeah' he sez, 'a Challenger and some others' hmm I thought, a Challenger all the way down here, it ain't me ol' mate Steve or anyone else I know....

'Really?' I said, 'Whats yer name then?' 'Ivan' he replied ! blimey ! so we had a right good chat, nice guy he is and he said he is joining the club etc!

So my car free weekend away started with an hours chat about Mopars in the first shop we went in !
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

haha, thats brill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Alex, Ivan probably mentioned that he's got a restored 396 El camino that really hauls. All I have to do is persuade him to let me race it in his challenger! :twisted:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yeah he did ! I have the feeling he really likes that one !
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Indeed he does! A five year restoration and a hi-po 396 has resulted in a really nice car (or er, truck?).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dont forget guys, next meet is this Saturday (Oct 2nd)!
Ivan is definatly going to join, I just need to pop over with form, hoping for it not to pour down so that I couldve taken Charger! Hopefully he will be there on Sat.
You do know this Challenger Matt, and I dare say anything you know will be handy, He has some great plans for this car. I believe he is on line now.
Just as a wider point, if any member is visiting Cornwall please feel free to get in touch and we could meet you. Likewise if your having tech probs while staying down here, just let us know.
Think about it Alex, a wedding anniversary talking about mopars!!! :D