Eagles at Wembley Stadium

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Eagles at Wembley Stadium

Post by RobTwin »

Thought i'd look up to see how much the Eagles are charging for their show at Wembley next year...
Surprised to see there's still seats near the front (eg 3rd row, centre)... also surprised to see they're £530! :help:

Praps i shouldn't be surprised they're still available :roll:

Pete W - didn't you go last time? How much was it then - still silly-money?
kma176

Re: Eagles at Wembley Stadium

Post by kma176 »

We saw them at Wembley probably 12 maybe 15 years ago-we had pretty good seats in the front area I think they were about £80.00 a ticket then !!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Go and see the Illegal Eagles. Sound just as good, and much cheaper. Pretty funny too.
https://www.illegaleagles.com/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Seen them a few times including the Hell Freezes Over Tour when they got back together. They are very good but not £500 good. Don Henleys solo stuff, including his live performances, have always been better in my opinion. The End of The Innocence tour about 30 years ago was awesome.

Check out Talon, best tribute in my opinion and much much cheaper. They are note perfect for the real thing

http://www.talonmusic.co.uk/

Cheers Steve :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes, I looked into it and could have had front row seats, as Cheng said they were his favourite band and would pay a strong amount to see them.

When I told him they were £530 per seat he quickly changed his mind, plus it is a massive stadium job, which I hate.

I have seen the "Eagles" twice, again both times 2 rows from the front in an indoor arena - much better.

Nowadays it is the "Eag" as Glen Frey is no longer with them.

It's a bit like going to see the "Wh"

For my part, having seen many many bands over 47 years, I have to say that the Eagles were the best ever live in terms of professionalism and capability. Not the most fun, but definitely the best musically.

I am sure they will still be good - especially with Joe Walsh!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Very jealous Steve, dunno why I didnt make the effort 30 years ago too :roll:

Yes Pete, seeing Joe Walsh would be a big draw for me, if it weren't so damn expensive. I'd just as soon see him solo...

Or with Daryl Hall:

Derek

Post by Derek »

I've bought cars for less than that. :shock:
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Lincrafts.com

Post by Lincrafts.com »

We went to see them at Wembley for the Hell Freezes Over but no way would we have paid £1060 for 2 of us to see them, or any group.

Out of this world pricing :shock:
Present:
1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
2010 Chrysler 300c SRT
Past:
1999 Dodge Dakota RT
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda :(
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Derek wrote: Sat Dec 28, 19 10:11 am I've bought cars for less than that. :shock:
That's what I was thinking :shock: :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

If its still on Netflix, watch the two part documentary on the Eagles. Its brilliant and very revealing/ honest.

I saw Joe Walsh in a very small nightclub in Birmingham about 18years ago. The tickets were a fiver through a local guitar shop as he was over promoting some amps. There were about 50 -60 people in there and he did a Q&A session, played some songs etc. They gave out nice glossy pics that he normally signs but he was ill and did a runner as soon as his set was finished....brilliant hearing him play 'Lifes Been Good' on the guitar and a solo version of 'Pretty Maids' accompanying himself on keyboards. A talented man and very funny too :D

I echo Petes comments, not the most dynamic bands but certainly up there when it comes to tightness and professionalism.

Im also a big fan of Hall and Oates and would have loved to have seen their concert at the Apollo in New York in the 80s with the Temptations. Daryl Hall can be a bit annoying live as he regularly changes the way he sings songs when most people just want to hear him/ them staying true to the way the records were recorded. My fav is 'Shes Gone'. He's very good at messing up this great song live (but not as good as Adan Duritz of Counting Crows if he is drunk).

By far the best live performance I have ever seen (technically and atmospherically) is John Mellencamps 'Whenever We Wanted' 92 World Tour. It was electrifying and absolutely everyone at the show spent most of it singing and dancing. He loved it too! The band were as tight as hell, sound was spot on and his vocals perfect. A great night!

Believe it or not, another 'perfect' top quality show was 'Huey Lewis and the News' when they toured their 'Sports' album in the mid 80s. Small venue, loud but clear and lots of ice cold beer......fantastic memories :D :D
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Hi Steve, yes I saw that Eagles doc when the Beeb first showed it a few years ago. I'd credit that for my new-found interest in the band. I reckon it's the best music doc I've seen.
Never been much of a fan of Mr Mellencamp, tbh, but Hall & Oats and Huey Lewis, oh yes :thumbright:
We saw them back in the 80s too but both at Wembley Arena, both were great gigs, especially Huey Lewis. Bryan Adams as another memorable 'MOR' act that was always good live, honest... before he went all housewives-favourite on us :oops: :lol:
Blue

Post by Blue »

The Eagles have never been shy about admitting they were in it for the money, so like the Stones the prices will get pushed to the limit.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

Blue wrote: Tue Dec 31, 19 7:25 am The Eagles have never been shy about admitting they were in it for the money, so like the Stones the prices will get pushed to the limit.
I often wonder who sets the ticket prices? The bands, the promoters or the venue?
Either way on this occasion they must be way out of touch with what's reasonable for a night out.

1st time we saw AC/DC in 76 it was 50p (half price ticket with a coupon from Sounds). That's a bit more than inflation. Ok maybe not the musicianship of the Eagles but it must have made an impression on us as we've been going to gigs ever since.
Pete

Post by Pete »

My first gig was Elton John and Rod Stewart for £1......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Pete wrote: Wed Jan 01, 20 8:24 am My first gig was Elton John and Rod Stewart for £1......

I would have paid the £1,00 to see Rod and the £0.00 to go home when Elton came on
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL