E10 petrol

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Re: E10 petrol

Post by Steve »

Very interesting Matt....lots of useful info on this subject there. Thanks for posting it

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
lough3969

Post by lough3969 »

Thought I’d mention that I filled the Dart with E10 yesterday… it was almost out of fuel and what with all the HooHaa at the petrol stations I’ve been unable to find any fuel.. finally found a station with some but they only had E10… I thought one tank won’t be a problem… how wrong I was, car absolutely stinks, think it’s running very lean, temp stayed pretty normal and engine fired ok but the smell was horrific. At first I thought there was a leak on the carb or fuel line but it’s just the fuel I think… anyway I’ll be getting through the tank as fast as I can so I can fill up with premium at the first chance I get. Makes me wonder if the car was running very me to lean before the E10? Anyway thought I’d share.
Pimps in the Front
Hoes in the Back
Chumps in the Trunk

68 Dart Post
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Mine’s running better than it’s ever done on the ethanol free Esso 99 premium. Definitely noticed a difference over E5, smoother and more responsive. E10 won’t be going in the tank.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Mark B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 4:45 pm Mine’s running better than it’s ever done on the ethanol free Esso 99 premium. Definitely noticed a difference over E5, smoother and more responsive. E10 won’t be going in the tank.
Is Esso 99 Premium still ethanol free? My wife filled up her beetle recently and said that E5 is now marked on the pump in brackets where it wasn't previously.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Matt74 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 10:12 pm
Mark B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 4:45 pm Mine’s running better than it’s ever done on the ethanol free Esso 99 premium. Definitely noticed a difference over E5, smoother and more responsive. E10 won’t be going in the tank.
Is Esso 99 Premium still ethanol free? My wife filled up her beetle recently and said that E5 is now marked on the pump in brackets where it wasn't previously.
They have to put E5 on pump, but it’s ethanol free. Except in Cornwall for some reason.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Mark B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 10:37 pm
Matt74 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 10:12 pm
They have to put E5 on pump, but it’s ethanol free. Except in Cornwall for some reason.
:thumbright:
MattH

Post by MattH »

lough3969 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 21 4:24 pm Thought I’d mention that I filled the Dart with E10 yesterday… it was almost out of fuel and what with all the HooHaa at the petrol stations I’ve been unable to find any fuel.. finally found a station with some but they only had E10… I thought one tank won’t be a problem… how wrong I was, car absolutely stinks, think it’s running very lean, temp stayed pretty normal and engine fired ok but the smell was horrific. At first I thought there was a leak on the carb or fuel line but it’s just the fuel I think… anyway I’ll be getting through the tank as fast as I can so I can fill up with premium at the first chance I get. Makes me wonder if the car was running very me to lean before the E10? Anyway thought I’d share.
That's interesting. I put E10 in the Challenger as that was all there was. Still drove Ok but I did notice a petrol smell when parked which I don't usually get.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Mark where did you find out that it’s not ethanol free in Cornwall? What is the reasoning for that!?
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Gas for GOSH wrote: Fri Oct 15, 21 10:37 pm Mark where did you find out that it’s not ethanol free in Cornwall? What is the reasoning for that!?
Hi Simon, I looked into this when I read Mark's post last week and found that reference on the Esso website:

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

Doesn't say why tho :-k
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

More home style testing than lab tests, …

https://youtu.be/UvS_D4_lF5U
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Gas for GOSH wrote: Fri Oct 15, 21 10:37 pm Mark where did you find out that it’s not ethanol free in Cornwall? What is the reasoning for that!?
Bit slow, as Rob said. Due to technical reason, what ever that is. So looks like your Esso premium isn't ethanol free in your area.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Well it seems that my '96 2L zetec Mondeo doesn't like E10. It always kangaroo'd a bit the same as my previous Mondeo did but has gradually been getting worse over the past couple of weeks since using only E10.
Gonna drive further to fill up at Esso and see if it improves.

It could be another fault but funny it's happened now after using E10
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i had similar years ago with an Alfa 156

ran well enough on esso ran badly on shell fulesave 95 the engine check light used to come on....

i was pretty certain it was the fuel until my 02 sensors died

the reason they died was eventually traced to a head gasket problem :) which only became apparent when it got so bad it would not turn over and start....

but being an alfa the ODB2 was basically telling me i had faults with everything including the airbags

a great but truely anoying car.

No I wouldn't

i guess if everything is slightly off a change in fuel will highlight that all is not well....the fuel didn't cause he head gasket problem i think it just tried to highlight it

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
A100

Post by A100 »

I've had an issue with my A100 van recently after filling up a couple of times with E10.
The stuff perished the glue that holds the paper fuel filter inside the clear plastic canister. I ended up with bits of rubbery glue inside the float bowls and sticking float valves.
It's now got half a tank of E5 and a new fuel filter but still haven't been able to get the thing running since.....but thats another story :(
if you don't learn from your mistakes then they are just mistakes ! :scratch:
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

I've just found out that one of our local independent forecourts sells all E0 fuel, Win :) :)