RobTwin

Re: It's Friday so let's rock!

Post by RobTwin »

Anyone likes a bit of Van Halen should read this... :read2: :shock: =D>

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/van- ... uTiA1DfIzE
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Wow fascinating story, thanks for that. So many times they could never have never got signed if it weren’t for Ted belief in them.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Mark B wrote: Thu May 14, 20 12:59 pm Wow fascinating story, thanks for that. So many times they could never have never got signed if it weren’t for Ted belief in them.
Yes and good that he stuck with Diamond Dave. No doubt Sammy H is/was a better singer (still great to this day, if not even better) but a large part of their attraction back then was Dave's glamorous, high-kicking image, ie more than just a singer as Ted says 8-)
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

First I've heard about Dave's singing, preferred the early albums with Roth over Hagar. Hagar probably was a better singer but sounded too mainstream to me. Always liked the first album and Fair Warning.
Saw Roth at Hammersmith Apollo about 15 years ago doing the early Van Halen set, it was superb.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
BJ Mac

Post by BJ Mac »

Got into this band 3 or 4 years ago and seen them in Glasgow a few times, hopefully seeing them in Nashville at the end of November, fingers crossed. Live stream from Billy Bobs in Texas last night, bit weird with no crowd but worth a listen :thumbright:

71 Dodge Dart
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

BJ Mac wrote: Fri May 22, 20 10:54 pm Got into this band 3 or 4 years ago and seen them in Glasgow a few times, hopefully seeing them in Nashville at the end of November, fingers crossed. Live stream from Billy Bobs in Texas last night, bit weird with no crowd but worth a listen :thumbright:

New band for me , and I really like them. May be the fact that I fancy a telecaster at the moment ?.........nah , cool band. Thanks for sharing. Hope you make Nashville :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
BJ Mac

Post by BJ Mac »

Mossy68 wrote: Fri May 22, 20 11:16 pm
BJ Mac wrote: Fri May 22, 20 10:54 pm Got into this band 3 or 4 years ago and seen them in Glasgow a few times, hopefully seeing them in Nashville at the end of November, fingers crossed. Live stream from Billy Bobs in Texas last night, bit weird with no crowd but worth a listen :thumbright:

New band for me , and I really like them. May be the fact that I fancy a telecaster at the moment ?.........nah , cool band. Thanks for sharing. Hope you make Nashville :thumbright:
Cheers Mossy, hopefully but not getting my hopes too high mate :thumbright:
71 Dodge Dart
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Not rock, but 'duke special' doing 5 nights of different themed music at the Empire music Hall on Botanic ave belfast. Not everyones cup of tea but if you get bored go to 42 mins 50 secs where the band leave the hall get on a bus and keep playing. I lived on this street when i was a student, my goodness how it's changed for the better.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

gmopar59 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 20 9:32 pm Not rock, but 'duke special' doing 5 nights of different themed music at the Empire music Hall on Botanic ave belfast. Not everyones cup of tea but if you get bored go to 42 mins 50 secs where the band leave the hall get on a bus and keep playing. I lived on this street when i was a student, my goodness how it's changed for the better.
I've seen band members going walkabout inside the venue during a set - disappearing backstage then a couple of minute appearing up in the circle still singing or playing their guitars... but never seen one get on a bus then come back again still playing :lol:

Talking of playing in buses... or vans... you should check out Jam In The Van videos on the 'tube

https://www.youtube.com/user/JamintheVan/videos

all sorts of great artists, like these faves of mine

or a bit more rocky...

or a bit slower if you prefer...

gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Cheers Rob, will get a look later. Agatha Christie is on now!! Was that Ac/Dc?
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

gmopar59 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 20 2:14 pm Cheers Rob, will get a look later. Agatha Christie is on now!! Was that Ac/Dc?
Yes, amongst others, but I think they were the first :D
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

RIP Tim Smith :(

gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Belfast punk scene in 79. I was 20. (61 now). Too young to be a hippie-too old to be a punk!
https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/wat ... 979-online
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Debbie harry before she was a punk. Bit Bonzo doodaa band/Ruttles.
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »