It's Friday so let's rock!

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Jem

Post by Jem »

Actually while I'm here take a listen to this track.

If you like Free, Bad Company and Paul Rogers vocals in particular (which I do) I think you'll really enjoy this.

It's from his first solo album and I gus you could say that it's his 'Stairway To Heaven'.

In my opinion It's Paul Rogers singing at his very best.

Enjoy :thumbright:

"Nah!"
db

Post by db »

Here's mine- this lot are playing my wedding in a few weeks :D

Cheesy vid but great AC/DC / Airbourne style rock.

The lead singer's 6' 7" and his shoes are like Sideshow Bob's! They're superb live, they'd be ace at the Nats!
Great lads up for a laugh and living the rock 'n' roll life :headbang:
No-one will believe you...
Jem

Post by Jem »

We could do with a band like that at the Nats that's for sure :thumbright:

Dunno who's responsible for booking the Nats bands but we sure do need one that's gonna bring the house down. Can't think of one that's really done it for me in recent times!
"Nah!"
Philth

Post by Philth »

Just for you Jem cos I know they are you favourites - now turn it UP

1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Jem wrote:We could do with a band like that at the Nats that's for sure :thumbright:

Dunno who's responsible for booking the Nats bands but we sure do need one that's gonna bring the house down. Can't think of one that's really done it for me in recent times!
The Nats Committee, Jem. Presumably all 4 of them get a say but I know Jim & Tony can take most 'credit' for booking Mungo Jerry t'other year :shock:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Philth wrote:Just for you Jem cos I know they are you favourites - now turn it UP

Cool, but this is my fave Quo track

I know theyre not to everyone's taste - especially the latest incarnation :roll: but I'm looking forward to bagging tickets to see them next year when the original 4 tour again 8-)
db

Post by db »

Quo are a great example of why you should quit while you're ahead! They made some of the greatest rock songs of all time but then spent 20 years becoming a sad caricature of themselves.
Thanks for the reminder of how good they were, I might dig 12 Gold Bars out later 8-)
I saw them support Queen at Knebworth... god was that 25 years ago? :shock:
No-one will believe you...
Pete

Post by Pete »

I saw Quo's "farewell" - 'End of the Road' concert at Milton Keynes Bowl :roll: when they were giving up touring; cheated or what???

Saw the original line up in about 1973 - 4. Rossi had hair then............

Seen Paul Rogers too; great vocalist.
Seen Ian Gillan quite a lot and he can still hold a tune, especially after he got himself back int shape.......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Seen Ian Gillan quite a lot and he can still hold a tune, especially after he got himself back int shape.....

Did Gillian and Glover do an album together? I remember a song called "Telephone box" they did was a cool song and decent album,
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

This aint my kind of music but it is a great chase scene from the movie "7 ups" did some one else post this on here perhaps?

The stunt driver in the Apollo (nova) is a dam good driver

Jem

Post by Jem »

RobTwin wrote:
Philth wrote:Just for you Jem cos I know they are you favourites - now turn it UP

Cool, but this is my fave Quo track

I know theyre not to everyone's taste - especially the latest incarnation :roll: but I'm looking forward to bagging tickets to see them next year when the original 4 tour again 8-)
I'm not a Quo fan by any means simply because they're so 'samey'. However, I bet they're good live tho!

Agreed Rob, my fave tune of theirs too :thumbright:
"Nah!"
Jem

Post by Jem »

Phil, this is a thread about Rock which you know nothing about!!!!!

Why don't you start your own thread on 'My favourite Abba track' or whatever your type listens to??

And see this? That's the kitchen you just spent over a year installing that is!!!!!
Attachments
kit.jpg
kit.jpg (124.97 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
"Nah!"
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

I got a track titled "Breadfan" on my iPod by some Welsh ( I think) band called Budgie, you know much about them? Really good track :thumbright:
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Blimey !
You guys are all into rock as well !!!!
Prefer later stuff like Pantera but can't take any thing away from the classic bands ac/ dc rock full stop !!!

Gary :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Jem

Post by Jem »

Adrian Worman wrote:I got a track titled "Breadfan" on my iPod by some Welsh ( I think) band called Budgie, you know much about them? Really good track :thumbright:
:thumbright:
"Nah!"