It's Friday so let's rock!

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Them the ones Jem :thumbright:
The Metallica cover is Bananarama! awesome ;)
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Adrian Worman wrote:I got a track titled "Breadfan" on my iPod by some Welsh ( I think) band called Budgie, you know much about them? Really good track :thumbright:
Yep, another of my faves :thumbright:

'Breadfan' is their... 'Paranoid', i suppose :-k ... the track that always gets played. Well, by Planet Rock at least :roll:

They've got loadsa other classic stuff that deserves to get more airtime:

or this one.... dig the 1975 fashion :lol:

TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

RobTwin wrote:
Adrian Worman wrote:I got a track titled "Breadfan" on my iPod by some Welsh ( I think) band called Budgie, you know much about them? Really good track :thumbright:

'Breadfan' is their... 'Paranoid', i suppose :-k ... the track that always gets played. Well, by Planet Rock at least :roll:

The Singer Reminds me of Jeddy Lee,even plays the Bass! :D

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

TYREMAN wrote:
RobTwin wrote:

The Singer Reminds me of Jeddy Lee,even plays the Bass! :D

That'll be Geddy.... ;)
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Geddy Lee.........is that Rush?
I also been listening to the new Europe single, "Not Supposed To Sing The Blues", was amazed when I found out who it was :shock:
Also well into that new Slash album, "You're A Lie" from that is awesome, can't do the iTunes links from this iPhone but check em if you ain't already :thumbright:
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Yes Ade 8-) Theyre kinda fashionable again.... first time since about '77 :lol:
New album is pretty darn good, easily the best thing they've done since the early 80s. And their tour to promote the album next May is already nearly sold out.

Yes I'm liking what I've heard so far of the new Slash album. Will wait till Amazon 'slash' a few quid off it before I part with my hard-earned tho.

Would have liked to go see them on their current tour but I've already got a few on these last couple of months so had to draw the line somewhere :(

Incubus last nite & The Mars Volta next Sun........ see Jem/Tony, some of us dont wait till Friday to 'rock'! :lol:
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

RobTwin wrote:Yes Ade 8-) Theyre kinda fashionable again.... first time since about '77 :lol:
New album is pretty darn good, easily the best thing they've done since the early 80s. And their tour to promote the album next May is already nearly sold out.
Didn't know they were touring again.

Saw them way back in 91 and they were brilliant live. Bit regretful of not having bothered since.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

RobTwin wrote:
I have the original album cover artwork for Budgie's Never Turn you Back on a Friend by Roger Dean, which I bought at an auction back in the mid 70's it's framed in pride of place here!

The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I remember that album cover. But didn't actually buy it for some reason.

My mates formed a band called Raven and supported Budgie in the late 70s.
Raven went to the USA and did well. A band called Metallica supported them on one gig.
Raven are still going strong(ish) with a good following in the USA and Mainland Europe.
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Roger Dean did loads of album covers including Yes (he designed the Yes logo of course) Atomic Rooster, Asia, Steve Howe, Osibisa and Aviator amongst others and I loved his work.

The auction was at a printer that actually produced the album covers and there were other Roger Dean artworks on the floor and in skips, ruined by the rain, it was so sad to see.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Jem

Post by Jem »

Ivor wrote:
RobTwin wrote:
I have the original album cover artwork for Budgie's Never Turn you Back on a Friend by Roger Dean, which I bought at an auction back in the mid 70's it's framed in pride of place here!

Gotta say I'm a bit envious there fella!! Always been a great fan of Roger Dean! Go on, how much?

While we're on the genre, here's a few pics of my favourite artist. His name is Jean-Pierre Urgarte. I've got 3 signed limited editions but alas his originals are way out of my price range.

The things I find deeply intriguing about his paintings are the 'Where' and the 'When'?
Attachments
ug4.jpg
ug4.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
ug2.jpg
ug2.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
ug5.jpg
ug5.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
ug7.jpg
ug7.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
"Nah!"
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I like those Jem. :thumbright:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Cool artwork... 8-)

Have another rock song :-)

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dave wrote:I remember that album cover. But didn't actually buy it for some reason.

My mates formed a band called Raven and supported Budgie in the late 70s.
Raven went to the USA and did well. A band called Metallica supported them on one gig.
Raven are still going strong(ish) with a good following in the USA and Mainland Europe.
I think it was Brummie band Nutz that supported Budgie when we saw them at Hammersmith in 78... but I'm sure we saw Raven at Reading around that time?
Got one of their early singles too, somewhere.... :-k
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Yeah in 78 Raven had only been out of school a year and were just getting going. When I think about it I guess it must have been 79 or 80 they supported Budgie. Might have been on a US tour. I can't remember.

I only actually saw Raven play twice. Once while we were all working part time in a Supermarket. And once around 79 when John Gallager the singer/Bass slid across the floor banging out chords, spotted me, waved and shouted "Hiya Dave"! and impressed the hell out of the woman I was with. Did me a big favor for later on that night. :thumbright:

The Gallager brothers moved permanantly to the USA in the early 80s and are still livin the dream over there.
Here is John demonstrating at a workshop/clinic.