1969 Did they really??

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

whilst amazing achievements i can.t help but think what a total waste of money, the amount of people needing health care homes etc and drug research i think leave it as it is up there .. black and plough the money in to something usefull, :mytwocents:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thing is though, a lot of the stuff developed for space exploration is now used in medicine in stuff like dialysis machines and artificial heart pumps
and beside they've spent more money bailing the banks out than they spent going to space
mad machs

Post by mad machs »

As impressive as the mighty Saturn V (& let us not forget the 1B ) the real star of the Apollo program was the Grumman LEM, our first ever true spaceship , as in, being designed to travel solely outside of Earths atmosphere, remaining totally self-contained.
Mike that is called Mike.

69 Dodge A108
73 Mach1 Mustang
TommyJ

Re:

Post by TommyJ »

Jon wrote: Sat Sep 29, 12 1:56 pm Thing is though, a lot of the stuff developed for space exploration is now used in medicine in stuff like dialysis machines and artificial heart pumps
and beside they've spent more money bailing the banks out than they spent going to space
:thumbright:

It's cool to meet a like-minded person here.
I also think that we owe many of the current achievements in various fields of science to space exploration.
But don't you think it has more to do with the fact that the space industry has always been more funded than others?
Maybe not so much now, but in those days when the mission to the moon started.

"whilst amazing achievements i can.t help but think what a total waste of money, the amount of people needing health care homes etc and drug research i think leave it as it is up there .. black and plough the money in to something usefull, :mytwocents:"

In a way, you are right. But not really.
Many new studies and start-ups will help patients from remote corners get advice and help from doctors. Many developments will be used in other areas of science (which you find more useful).
I think science should exist in all forms. And then each research will be able to complement the others and bring benefit to humanity on a global scale.
Trigger_Andy

Re:

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Charger wrote: Fri Sep 28, 12 11:25 pm
AllKiller wrote:Oh Christ so would i too Blue...

I nearly wept when i saw her in the flesh at Kennedy space center

Bloody amazing...Most powerful thing ever built by man full stop

One thing i wished id seen and never will :( I had 13 chances :roll:
Saturn V at the Johnson Space centre in 2003, I believe it’s indoors now …

It is, I was there in 2015. Its truely awe inspiring. Imagine being strapped to the top of that thing. :D

Had a tour of the Mission Control Center (via the Reporters room)
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Scooby

Re:

Post by Scooby »

Cannonball wrote: Sat Sep 29, 12 1:50 pm whilst amazing achievements i can.t help but think what a total waste of money, the amount of people needing health care homes etc and drug research i think leave it as it is up there .. black and plough the money in to something usefull, :mytwocents:
Totally agree we should be trying to save our own planet... There's so much we can all do plow the huge waste of money that's put into these projects into life on Earth ....
At my Worst,I'm at my Best ......
Trigger_Andy

Re: Re:

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Scooby wrote: Sat Nov 28, 20 7:48 am
Cannonball wrote: Sat Sep 29, 12 1:50 pm whilst amazing achievements i can.t help but think what a total waste of money, the amount of people needing health care homes etc and drug research i think leave it as it is up there .. black and plough the money in to something usefull, :mytwocents:
Totally agree we should be trying to save our own planet... There's so much we can all do plow the huge waste of money that's put into these projects into life on Earth ....
We'd need a New World Order to achieve that. As long as there are Super Powers and nations jostling for supremacy there is always going to be an Arms race, this exponential race obviously pushes the boundary's into orbit and then Space itself.

Its all well and good saying we should pump this money into funding the needy but the reality is this will never ever be the case unless there is a monumental step-change in how we as humans are governed/controlled on a global scale.
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Steve

Re: 1969 Did they really??

Post by Steve »

I've always been interested in this stuff and, totally out of the blue, my youngest lad had suddenly developed an interest too!

If anyone fancies a great watch, checkout the documentary about the moon landing mission on Netflix. I cant remember the name of it at the moment but it's full of original HD footage etc. Truly breathtaking stuff and the moon landing sequence will have you on the edge of your seat. The fuel levels were critical to being able to take off again and its graphically displayed on the footage.

Apparently, the equipment used that was left on the moon in 69 can be seen through very powerful telescopes....

Cheers Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just checked, think its dropped off there now
kma176

Post by kma176 »

Steve wrote: Sat Nov 28, 20 10:57 am Just checked, think its dropped off there now
'What the equipment dropped off the moon!!!!!!' :shock: :shock:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ha ha....yeah, reads like that sorry!! No, the documentary has dropped off Netflix :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

I was lucky enough to see a night time Space Shuttle launch when I was in Florida - pretty spectacular!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

Steve wrote: Sat Nov 28, 20 10:54 am I've always been interested in this stuff and, totally out of the blue, my youngest lad had suddenly developed an interest too!

If anyone fancies a great watch, checkout the documentary about the moon landing mission on Netflix. I cant remember the name of it at the moment but it's full of original HD footage etc. Truly breathtaking stuff and the moon landing sequence will have you on the edge of your seat. The fuel levels were critical to being able to take off again and its graphically displayed on the footage.

Apparently, the equipment used that was left on the moon in 69 can be seen through very powerful telescopes....

Cheers Steve
If you're interested, you might also be delighted to hear about the upcoming Apollo 10 1/2 from Netflix. Directed by Richard Linklater. I think this is a good way to get the younger generation interested in such a topic as space travel.
MattH

Post by MattH »

The Right Stuff on Disney + is pretty good too, a National Geographic series about the Mercury project when NASA was formed to put a man in space.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sounds good, will have a look at that!

Cheers Steve