Why is it quiet on here?

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

charger01

Why is it quiet on here?

Post by charger01 »

I've just rejoined and I am astonished at how quiet the forum is.Lots of new members ect and no posting? Come on guys post pics of your rides, first fire up after the winter , what shows are you attending? I have a new ride arriving 11th April so will start a thread then. Come on don't be shy any post keeps the board active.
. :thumbright:
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

It was a nice weekend, Ade. No one posts on the weekend 8-)
I was replacing torsion bar crossmember busihings. Total arse of a job..but done now. One more offf the list.
Wos the new car then?
morgan

Post by morgan »

You are right - it is WAY quieter on here these days. (I am part of the problem - i am not as active). I assumed everyone had migrated to facebook or something.

Ref progress - FINALLY got Charger resurrected from the dead this weekend. New axle and prop, moving under her own steam. Stops and starts. MOT to sort but then we are there... :)
Attachments
chrg_lives.JPG
chrg_lives.JPG (45.75 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Cracking weekend so I was busy welding a rotbox Transit Saturday and tidying the garden and digging the all important BBQ out Sunday.
Be back to my Mopar later :)
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Social Media is killing all forums I believe.

I'm not posting as much as I am snowed under with my new girl and family stuff.

I do however pop on and look most days.

I have noticed that a lot of the regular contributors seem to be missing.

Steve B, Carl, Will, Gary and even Ade Worman who used to post almost daily, I haven't seen a post in months (Well Mossy has been recently).

I don't think you can put a price on a forum like this. The info is amazing and it serves as a great historical reference.

UK Mopars and American Cars UK on FB is alive with people, but it just doesn't feel like home like here.........

What can be done......Haven't got a clue.
Half the fun of owning my car is the camaraderie on here and at shows!

Understand people have hectic lives though.... :help:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

The last time my car ran was when I drove home from the nats. It's in the shed on sorn,just don't have the time now.
As for social media,well FB doesn't cost £30 a year to talk to the same people and that may be the reason numbers are going down here.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

I've always read far more on here than I've ever posted. I've lost many evenings reading through the various restoration threads page by page.

I'm operating on the principal that its "...better for others to assume you're an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it"! :lol:
-Jon.
charger01

Post by charger01 »

I know what your saying Steve. Facebook is free but more banter than anything else. Surprised you don't use that car though as its a belter . Dave I spotted your car on ebag , have you had any luck shifting it yet?
Morgan , glad to hear you finally sorted all them dead ignition boxs's. I take it its running sweet now?
Casper

Post by Casper »

latil wrote: As for social media,well FB doesn't cost £30 a year to talk to the same people and that may be the reason numbers are going down here.
Very true that Facebook doesn't charge but then again, as the saying goes, "If you're not paying for the product, then you are the product." I'd rather not use a social media platform that data-mines everything I do and give them the right to use any media I choose to upload. Each to their own but a lot of people in my generation are turning away from that medium.

As for the £30.00, it isn't just for forum access, last time I checked that got you printed mags and certain discounts.

As a counter-point - and if the powers that be wanted to increase the use of the forum - I'd suggest having a section that was open to non-members (you'd still need to register but not be an MMA member to use it) and a closed (private) area for the MMA members.

For instance:-

Make a Virtual Pub which was open - general banter
Ask about Mopar - a place for people who want to know more to ask questions (entice new MMA members)
For Sale - have all the parts and cars open for all to view (better for people selling things)

Lock technical, your ride, etc, down and only allow MMA people to see those and benefit from technical chat.

Best of both worlds IMHO - appeal to join the forum to find out more about Mopar but equally still have MMA only benefits.

...that's my 2-cents and what do I know ;)
db

Post by db »

One thing that's always been a p.i.t.a. on here is having to shrink photos. I have pics of my new Bus but I know I'll have to invest a frustrating hour to get them on here. I can put them on fb in under a minute, videos too!
No-one will believe you...
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Yep,I don't waste my time putting photos on anymore.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

I still look every day, but only post occasionally. I do lots to my car but much of it is the mundane stuff that doesn't really seem worth recording.
But I do know what the ignition switch wires do now. Or not :?
octanejunkie

Post by octanejunkie »

I was in the garden giving both the front and rear garden a spring makeover (keep the Mrs happy).
Re laid some paving slabs, and dug all the beds over before mowing and strimming the lot. Oh, and put some new log rolls round the flower beds.

Then i sat out on the patio and worked through a box of Corona 8-)
"If its a job no man can survive, he's the man for the job"
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

db wrote:One thing that's always been a p.i.t.a. on here is having to shrink photos. I have pics of my new Bus but I know I'll have to invest a frustrating hour to get them on here. I can put them on fb in under a minute, videos too!
I am of a similar mind about photos and videos I have to say. Wasn't this something that was being looked into?

The only reason I set up a You Tube Channel was to be able to share a couple of videos on here (and prove to my kids that I can do such trickery "on the line" :lol: :lol: )

I wouldn't swap this forum for any social media though, I do find it invaluable and have learnt so much which has saved me time and money :thumbright: being able to work on my own cars :) :)

I'm replacing the master cylinder on the Dart shortly so look out for some progress and fabrication pictures soon :thumbright:
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Yea it is kinda quiet on here but it is not summer yet,things are not really started over here either, the weather has been amazing here so we have had some impromptu meets/cruises ,and I am really good at ending threads so just let me know which one you want me to end ROFL :D