The final issue of Connected

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

The final issue of Connected

Post by MattH »

Just in case MMA members hadn't seen this in Connected magazine....... ".....with great regret, the MMA “Connected Magazine” will cease publication shortly, and the last Edition will be in Spring 2020."

This was announced in the latest magazine just before around Christmas time, and I was surprised by the lack of comment on the MMA forum or Facebook about this announcement.

If you havent read the chairman's bit about this, please do. It's a big step the club is having to take but necessary.
The fact that so few made comment sort of indicates how magazine reading has changed with the internet being so instant.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Pete

Re: The final issue of Connected

Post by Pete »

Thanks for posting up, Matt.

It should also be mentioned that there will be a review of the MMA Subscriptions as a consequence of this decision, and a significant reduction in membership fees will result.

The Committee will keep you posted as soon as the costs have been worked through.

Thank you for your support, past and present, of the MMA.

Pete.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Think my last issue may have gone to my old address ?
The first time it's happened.
Sad nears as I enjoy the hard copy magazine. But I suppose we have to keep with the times ;)
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

yes I did read it and totally understand the problem that smaller clubs have with printing and posting costs.

Good decision and hopefully will help the club stay focus on members.

Thank you all for your work for the club :thumbright:
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

I also read it, although nice to have it's not as important as keeping this forum running. Which for me is a Goldmine of information.

I appreciate all the work you all put into keeping the club going :thumbright:
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
Charger

Post by Charger »

was sorry to read about the demise of Connected, was surprised, and then not surprised if you get my drift, i remember the writing was on the wall once before

i know of at least one member locally who doesn't do forums or social media at all, i'm sure he will miss it, we will all miss it

:shock:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
morgan

Post by morgan »

ScottyDave wrote: Tue Feb 04, 20 7:21 am I also read it, although nice to have it's not as important as keeping this forum running. Which for me is a Goldmine of information.

I appreciate all the work you all put into keeping the club going :thumbright:
I feel the same as this. I enjoy connected (and feel awfully guilty about the articles I intended to write. Coulda-woulda-shoulda) but the forum is the thing I worry for most. Whilst I'll miss the mag its not a deal breaker. But the forum is a concern - I dont think we are that far away from the lack of traffic rendering it redundant or a reference page. The drop in activity in the last couple of years is staggering. I assume its all happening on the shouty pages of facebook instead.

Big up the hard work of the committee too - I appreciate it chaps/chapesses. :thumbright:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Blue

Post by Blue »

A casualty of progress I'm afraid, adapt or die. Social media is king right now, instant, free and easy. Also uneducated, unedited and disposable. That is it's downfall and I believe just like Vinyl records, Magazines and forums will make a resurgence at some point when enough people realise thier value. We just have to do what needs to be done to survive to that point and I congratulate the comittee for biting the bullet.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete

Post by Pete »

Many thanks for your kind and pertinent words.

"Connected" has been withdrawn to ensure the survival of the "Forum" and the all Intellectual material it contains.

I can assure you that this decision was not taken lightly - far from it....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
kma176

Post by kma176 »

Real shame - I loved the mag and thought its what made us a bit different!!
I understand about saving the Forum - its so valuable - but its such a shame and just as the American Mopar Muscle mag has gone the same way as of December 19 as well.
Do the members really think the annual fee was too high ??
morgan

Post by morgan »

kma176 wrote:
Do the members really think the annual fee was too high ??
I've never thought that was the case. I mean there are always the vocal few but realistically guys with cars that do 10/gallon shouldnt really worry about £30. If they are worried about it they can always join a golf club for about 2 days instead. :D

Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

It is a shame, there's something about a proper mag, but then I have issues of Custom car going back to the 70's in boxes under the stairs :oops: ....

And the first I heard about this was from this post, as I have only had time to look at the pictures in the last mag rather than actually read it so....

As has been said, keeping the Forum going is the main thing. Personally I've probably had more than £30 in savings from good advice this year, but I know it's an issue for some. Perhaps a lower fee would attract more members. Having said that, we seem to have many more members than those who regularly contribute as it is.

I have no idea what it takes to keep something like this running, but I'm sure it involves a lot of time and effort, so thanks to those that do :salute:
kma176

Post by kma176 »

Not sure where you'd go to get 2x days Golf for £30:00 - Maybe crazy Golf!!
Blue

Post by Blue »

£30 is perfectly reasonable, but from the conversations I've had over the years, any cost or any effort to rejoin is out of the question when a free and easy inferior option is out there.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
morgan

Post by morgan »

kma176 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 20 3:41 pm Not sure where you'd go to get 2x days Golf for £30:00 - Maybe crazy Golf!!
Haha - I'm guessing. I assumed golf was about £5k/yr. No idea why I had that number ?!?