SANTA POD FIXTURES

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

guy whitwam

SANTA POD FIXTURES

Post by guy whitwam »

Hi TO ALL

Has anybody heard from Pod with regard to up coming fixtures and shows , as all you guys are aware we are in the midst of unusual times and can only hope that this virus blows itself in time .

Am guessing that there will be nothing doing for the foreseeable future at Pod and will this put the Nats at risk as they try to rearrange some of the bigger , more revenue generating events ……………. any thoughts ?

My company has set out some fairly in depth criteria on how we proceed in relation to customers collecting and dropping off their trucks for service and repair , and I have been advised to stop all visits to suppliers and customers until further notice , and the introduction of home only working is being discussed although hopefully not just there yet.

If this carries on like this I am going to have to follow the age old advise from bears as to where I go to have the next s**t , going to have to stock pile leaves at this rate , as visited 3 supermarkets , 1 in Great Yarmouth and 2 in Norwich and no loo role !!!!

For those who have paid deposits for Le Mans Classic , I am waiting to hear back to see if that one is going to happen too !

Keep calm and carry on to all
best wishes to all
GUY :salute:
mustangbooks

Re: SANTA POD FIXTURES

Post by mustangbooks »

The story so far is here:

https://santapod.co.uk/coronavirus.php

I read something about the organisation that licences UK motorsports not granting any licences for the next few months, but I can't find the announcement at the moment

Edit:

"It is with regret that Motorsport UK is suspending all organising permits and Certificates of Exemption until at least 30th April 2020. This suspension follows the latest guidance issued by HM UK Government in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. This position will be constantly reviewed given prevailing information.

As the National Governing Body, we would ask all Motorsport UK members to act responsibly and follow the Government’s guidance during this difficult time."
Last edited by mustangbooks on Wed Mar 18, 20 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think we can safely assume there will be no race meetings/shows/ festivals/gigs etc, etc for the forseeable future, the announcement could come at any time. Going by what’s happening in the rest of the world, a total lockdown is on the cards in the near future, as that does appear to stop the spread.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Total pain. Got my cars all fixed up at great expense ready for the season and now there's no season :(

Brooklands is still open, though whether they'll still be open for Mopar day on the 24th May is another thing. We'll probably be trapped in our houses by then anyway.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

………….….. mother in law staying with us at the moment , says she is to concerned to go back home back to Yorkshire , is there anything I should know about Yorkshire ! being waited on hand and foot by us too
locking myself away at work is preferred place of sanctuary of self imposed isolation ………….. what actually is a mercy killing !!! ;)
GUY
Derek

Post by Derek »

Mark B wrote: Wed Mar 18, 20 2:10 pm Total pain. Got my cars all fixed up at great expense ready for the season and now there's no season :(

Brooklands is still open, though whether they'll still be open for Mopar day on the 24th May is another thing. We'll probably be trapped in our houses by then anyway.
Brooklands Mini day this coming Sunday 22nd has been cancelled.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Pete

Post by Pete »

The Pod have pulled everything up to the end of April so far, MUK and non-MUK events.

I am convinced this will go longer, so my guess is that the Springspeed Nationals will not take place in May:

Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, it is with deep regret that Santa Pod Raceway announces the following events at Santa Pod are suspended:

▪️The Fast Show (inc. Sat Night Special) - Sat 28th/Sun 29th March
▪Mimms Honda Day – Sun 5th April
▪Festival of Power (inc. Test Day) - Friday 10th/Sunday 12th April
▪GTI Spring Festival – Sun 19th April
▪️Straightliners - Sunday 22nd March
At the current time, all other events until 30th April remain under review.
Further Information ➡️ www.santapod.co.uk/coronavirus.php
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

All msa motorsport events culled until end of april....this was yesterday, but already ive been told may will be announced soon, Im sitting waiting like a caged animal....... was planning a full year of motorsport
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Feel your pain Andy , all dressed up and nowhere to go !!! :banghead:
AND as already mentioned no fun to be had on the gig guide either , makes you wonder what the next month holds as had just been informed that Daf are to close both the Eindhoven factory and the Leyland factory in Preston until further notice . This will have significant impact on my work , parts supply , sales servicing and repairs so not quite sure what to do now .If we get a lock down it is going to take some time to recover ………….. oh and DVSA have suspended all mot testing until further notice , so what next . :help:
Yours
GUY :salute:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hadn't heard the DVSA had suspended testing, thanks for flagging that up MOT prep is a big part of my job.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
kma176

Post by kma176 »

That is only for HGV's and is only for 2 days at the moment I think :-k :-k
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

HGV and PSV annual tests suspended for 3 months along with Driving Tests now. Not sure when all this is going to end.
morgan

Post by morgan »

guy whitwam wrote: Wed Mar 18, 20 3:46 pm ………….….. mother in law staying with us at the moment , says she is to concerned to go back home back to Yorkshire , is there anything I should know about Yorkshire ! being waited on hand and foot by us too
locking myself away at work is preferred place of sanctuary of self imposed isolation ………….. what actually is a mercy killing !!! ;)
GUY
Yeah, i think you just gained a new permanent fixture. Might as well prep the granny-flat...
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

I would think this year is a bust,all and everything will be cancelled till next year, sit back all you show worshippers look around your houses always something constructive to do, you might just prefer it to parking in a show field, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Pete

Post by Pete »

Too true, Duncan; I think you have nailed it...

Wanna buy a Dodge Challenger race car? Two careful owners..... ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God