what are you doing while at home?

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

mygasser

Re: what are you doing while at home?

Post by mygasser »

this morning the delivery came bright and early, i hadn't even had a cuppa :(
the driver was helpful as usual getting them into what was an awkward area under a tree. the depot had decided in their wisdom not to put the cement on a pallet, ohhhh no that would be far too easy :x . instead they put 8 bags in each bulk bag of ballast on top of the ballast [-X . now i planned to get the cement put on my drive as it'll go in the garage (read dry) 'til we use it. now i had to get 1000kg of cement across the road (downhill) and into my garage. 10 trips, 100kgs a go in my trusty wheelbarrow later and i was really 'needing' that first cup of tea :thumbright: . dawn laughed when i came indoors, she thought i was trying to be a smurf! the blue from the labels on the cement bags had stuck to my front, arms and hands where i'd got a bit sweaty. so the tea had to wait while i had a shower, but it was very nice all the same.
next job, shuttering when the boards arrive friday.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

today i ordered tek screws for the steel cladding and breathable membrane to go under the cladding. all i need now is to work out how much timber i'll need for sheeting rails.
neil.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

We should see what Kevin McCloud is doing these days... he could make a whole series of Grand Designs from what yous guys are up to! :thumbright: :salute:
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Blue wrote: Wed Aug 12, 20 8:44 am Looks spectacular Pete, are those Critall windows? my favourite style.
Sorry Blue they are not Crital but an aluminium copy of Crital .Crital are the dearest of the dear and would have been around 90 k for this house .The difference is the fact Crital are steel framed and allows you to bring the frame and glazing bars down to 20 mm .I used a company called IQ glass for these who I have used many times before and are very good .Mind you this hot spell has been an eye opener for all this glass
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

I restored the trim around the headlamp surrounds. Used a file to get rid of the deep scratches, dents and chrome finish, then wet and dry and finally Mothers aluminium polish.
Headlamp surrounds.jpg
Headlamp surrounds.jpg (77.6 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

back at home i got the stairs and the hole in the bedroom ceiling covered over with plasterboard. now it's ready for my mate to render and plaster at the end of the month.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

had my second day this week digging the 'footings' over the road. i've got the worst 2 sides (lots of brick rubble in the dirt) dug and shuttered ready for concrete. the other 2 won't involve as much digging as they are mostly above ground where the area sloped that way slightly. i'm hoping to be mixing concrete by the end of this coming week.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

3 sides dug and shuttered, 1 to go then concrete. today i collected an up and over garage door with all the fixings and keys that i won on ebay for £50, bargain and local too. now we know what size opening to frame out to make it fit. :thumbright:
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i bought a double glazed door and frame today so i've got the entrances covered :D
neil.
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

going out for a drive. Weather doesn't look too shabby.
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Trying to work but Dallas Cowboy cheerladies is on. Yeehaw!!
Blue

Post by Blue »

Some of us never stopped working...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i finally sorted my home office today and set up the 'desk'. 2 benchtop 10 ton press frames and a 73 year old shed door i got from someone on our estate. i've got a 2 drawer bedside cabinet to go under the desk for more storage too.
neil.
Attachments
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG (72.58 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Different...and a good way of storing shop tools in the house \:D/
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

yes and you can just see at the right of the pic there's 3 radiators and laminate flooring for our bedroom and the lounge/hallway. once that's all gone/been fitted i'll make a cupboard to keep all the indoors 'diy' tools in.
neil.