what are you doing while at home?

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

mygasser

Re: what are you doing while at home?

Post by mygasser »

i found something in my garage (next to the house not the new one) today, a floor!!!! :D i haven't seen it for ages and forgot what it looked like ;) . i also found a couple of 25 litre tubs of grey floor paint so once i've got it fully cleared out i'm only going to paint the floor all posh like :thumbright:
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i picked up a load of deepflow gutter with brackets and fittings etc yesterday. just need a dry day now to do it.
neil.
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

did 2 hours gardening. Got stung by a wasp/hornet (big bugger!). Still sore 24 hrs later.
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

gmopar59 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 20 11:17 am did 2 hours gardening. Got stung by a wasp/hornet (big bugger!). Still sore 24 hrs later.
Super-Bee-1-300x150.jpg
Super-Bee-1-300x150.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Dom66 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 20 1:48 pm
gmopar59 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 20 11:17 am did 2 hours gardening. Got stung by a wasp/hornet (big bugger!). Still sore 24 hrs later.
Super-Bee-1-300x150.jpg
HaHA, nice one, still sore. =D>
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

terri and me started to board the short wall front to back before we put up racking/shelves along that wall the other day once we'd had enough of moving stuff from the garage. we used chinese packing cases that i flat packed while working at rally design (waste not want not). today i finished up to the eaves and as dawn and me got white paint yesterday (amongst other diy stuff to do once we're locked down again) i can get it all painted so it's easier to see what's on the shelves.
i'll try to remember pics once it's all white tomorrow.
neil.
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Need to paint the walls and floor of my garage, just have to empty it first :roll:
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i got the second coat of white on the 'wall' today so i can start making shelves/racking next. i forgot the camera, but it's a wall made of packing cases painted white so pretty easy to visualise.
then i cut and dug a soakaway next to our front porch. it turns out rain needs somewhere to drain to or if it's heavy it floods in front of the porch, whoodathunkit! anyway about a foot by a foot by a foot filled with pebbles, that'll work then.
neil.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'm no expert Neil but you may have to go a bit deeper than 12 inches. I built an extension on a house I owned a few years ago and went about 4 ft down, foot of pebbles then the pipe with a really heavy polythene barrier between it and the backfill soil. Never had an issue but my neighbours did with shallow soak aways

Great work in lockdown, will keep you sane!

Cheers Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

it's only a soakaway for the front path and the porch roof and shared with another the other side of the porch that's 3 times the size. it only ever flooded if it was real bad torrential rain. i had the belt now i've added braces :thumbright:
neil.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ah, sounds like you have it covered nicely...a good project in the bag!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

here's how the packing case wall looks with a couple of coats of paint. good enough to backup some shelves for sure.
neil.
oh, and one of the neighbours was clearing his dad's sheds out and skipping stuff today. like a vulture i was there retrieving 3 rolls of flex, a bench grinder, a mitre saw, 3 morse taper chucks, a tub of morse taper drills and a cantilever toolbox full of 'engineers' tools. he's also got a 6' metal 'cubby hole' rack that he said i can have once he gets back to it. result.
Attachments
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG (62.04 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Steve

Post by Steve »

That is a result! Who throws that stuff away??? If nothing else you would take it to a charity shop as someone always wants or needs that stuff
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

and a gas blow torch with gas bottle, a pillar drill, loads more drills and 'engineering' stuff. oh and a kids microscope for my grandson :thumbright:
neil.
Steve

Post by Steve »

The skip that just keeps on giving! :thumbright: