Pension Advice Needed

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Re: Pension Advice Needed

Post by Dave999 »

its very small scale, and the finances are tightly controlled, they seem to balance profits operating cost and debt well

it is generally accepted that it is costing them less than half of what it takes an american shale gas and oil dude, fill the ground with detergent and see what comes out..oh dear earthquake etc (can't say what they are normally called, the swear filter don't like it) to fill a barrel and that seems to be considered about 40- 45 USD

but you will know better than i will if its all lies and deceit :)

they have about 3 wells

one is producing 17K barrels a day which they pump into a floating tanker/platform hybrid and then out into tankers
total production is aimed at 20K Barrels per day for the rest of the year

and then they trug it into Aberdeen or wherever and flog it

all the hard work was done in previous years, and the floating production platform was hired and paid for then as well.

they are looking to stick in some kind of pipeline eventually

you can invest with any stocks n shares ISA or indeed any trading platform that allows trading in AIM listed companies

there is a load of info on their site which will mean a damn sight more to you than me

i also check in here regularly to LURK, you might need a free account.

https://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=44648680

its a bunch of miserable old codgers winging about how much they made or lost on these shares..BUT there are a few, on-the-ground oil industry people, and the odd oil tanker or helicopter pilot who pop up and give details on what they see going on as they float or fly across the region. to and from scottish mainland.... take it all with a pinch of salt

the message board has a header with loads of graphs in. the chat is below

but you do get stuff like this

2019 Events Tanker Vol bopd $/b $Rev

18Jun offload#1(38d) Amundsen Spiri 356429 9380 63.35 22.5m*
21Jul offload#2(33d) PetroAtlantic 421894 12785 61.04 25.8m
17Aug offload#3(27d) Amundsen Spiri 456280 16899 59.00 26.9m
16Sep offload#4(30d) Navion Oceania 465000 15500 67.20 31.2m
13Oct offload#5(27d) Navion Oceania 444270 16454 60.60 26.9m
13Nov offload#6(31d) Navion Oceania ~356k** 11484 62.56 22.3m
22Dec offload#7(37d) Stena Natalita ~400k# 10811 60.5 24m
2020 Event Tanker Vol bopd $/b $Rev
22Jan offload#8(31d) Navion Oceania ~388k## 12500 63.41 31.2m
26 Feb offload#9(35d) PetroAtlantic ~300k 8571 64.51 19.4m
9 Mar offload#10(12d) PetroAtlantic 292000
28 Mar offload#11(19d) Betty Knutson ~200k
4 Apr offload#12(8d) Stenna Natalita ~420k
27 Apr offload#13(23d) Amundsen Spirit ~370k

etc which idicates at least that they are doing something worthwhile

don't blame me if it all goes belly up :)

share price is low becasue they have noted some water content which they say is perched water.... but no body is willing to believe them at the mo. the market is shying away because they think there is a bloody big leak or serious coning Mr Trice leader of this merry band says not, he says everything points to perched water and enough oil to keep him going 15 years....
all i can do is hope he is right.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Shale Break even was $70 a barrel in 2015. OPEC tried to kill US Shale by opening the taps full bore and drop the price of Oil to below this to kill Shale off. But the US fought back and through ruthless cut backs gut this down to something like $50 a barrel. 50% of this is a dream for many North Sea Operators in the UK and Norwegian Sectors. Johan Sverdrup here in Norway plan on producing close to half a million barrels a day and with that volume their break even is sub-$20 a barrel. Shales break even price will keep coming down as the tech required to produce Shale becomes more mainstream. But with Brent Crude trading at $30 a barrel and WTI futures going negative for a spell Shale Oil is not looking to rosy right now. Rigs are getting stacked left right and center. All the Frac Trucks and Cement Trucks 'we' ie Halliburton own are parked up.

Id like to put in £500 or something into this, at 11p a share it seems like a good gamble. But I only buy stock through my company and I cant add any other stock. I used interactive investor about 15 years ago and I looked today and they want a tenner a month have an account now?? Who do you use?
Attachments
2222.JPG
2222.JPG (110.54 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
94609765_10104377084424908_507204056763072512_o.jpg
94609765_10104377084424908_507204056763072512_o.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
lemans-tom

Post by lemans-tom »

I have a SIPP (self invested pension plan) and an ISA with Hargreaves Lansdown. Been with them for around 15 years. I moved my private pension money from a pension that was being managed by a well known high street bank for 10 years and was doing nothing. I did some homework, opened a SIPP and made more money for my pension than the bank ever did. Wish I'd have done that to start with.

My tips:
1 Check the tax situation. ISA - tax free on fund, flexibility to take out the money if you need to. SIPP tax free on contributions but fixed, no getting your hands on it until you retire. Both of those might be pros/cons depending on what you want. For example, with a SIPP your £200 monthly investment could be worth £240 (20% taxpayer) or £280 (40% taxpayer) depending on your marginal tax rate.
2 Minimise costs/charges. That's what eats into your investment. Avoid managed funds if you can - their charges will eat into your gains, by the time they are netted off you haven't beaten the index. 2% might not sound like much but it adds up. Tracker funds that mimic share indexes are cheap to run (typical change <0.5%, some as low as 0.1%) and you don't have to do anything to them once picked except to give them a glance every 3 months.
3 Diversify your risk across several funds / investments.
4 Think about what is your risk appetite. Risk vs return. Got a lot of time to invest? You can afford to be riskier eg stocks and share which are more volatile but will return more in the long run. Less time available? Reduce risk - choose investments accordingly.
5 Educate yourself before you take advice - there is a lot of nonsense / mumbo jumbo that you don't need to know spouted by 'professional advisors' who have a vested interest. Sensible investing is not difficult.

Good luck.
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Great advice fellas. Thanks.

I will have to read through this thread again as I don't fully understand all that has been said but I definitely know more than I did before I asked for advice.

I will put some money into a savings account or ISA so I can't lose it all and I'll start investing the rest.

Dave and Andy. Please feel free to continue your chat on this thread if you want to as I'm sure I'll pick up some knowledge along the way.

Cheers all :thumbright:
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Cheers Mat.

Not often my job comes up in conversation, got a little carried away there. :D

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

legal and general for pension through work and hargreave lansdown ISA for investing low cost but £11 for a trade in most things

minimum on funds is £100 so to get £100 in a fund costs £111
to get £50 in shares say BUY £50, say which share, tick "include all costs" and you will end up with £39 of shares thereabouts....
can do this in 10 minutes using your debit card if you want.

or invest 61 quid in the venture and get £50 worth of shares

your 500 should be £511 for 500 quids worth of 11 pence shares... you get 4500+ or so. best i've seen them go to recently is 65 Pence but full scale production in a year or 2 should see a value greater than that...provided it doesn't all go to the dogs...thats the risk

but as i say, do this based on your own appetite for risk....not mine :)

this is the way in https://www.hl.co.uk/partners/search/st ... gKSXPD_BwE

god feel like i'm selling crack cocaine.....

Dave
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Cheers Dave.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

No Probe Matt

Andy if you live i scotland and pay UK tax then the lansdown account or similar will work

if you pay no tax here and all in Norway you will need to find a norway investment company
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Oh damn, I never thought of that! Yeh I pay my tax in Norway but have to self assess here in Scotland and pay any shortfall to HRMC. Hmmmm, I'll have to have a think about that one. Open an account in my Wifes name or something? If I cant trust her now after 23 years I'll never be able to and a few quid in an ISA wont make much difference.

Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Just signed up and put £500 into Hurricane. Well, my wife did. :D Will be fun keeping an eye on that.