toots & the maytals

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

toots & the maytals

Post by gmopar59 »

on channel 9 7.30 (Glastonburg). I know some (or a lot don't get reggae) but i love it. Stay safe, anyone :D :D got a free 408 stroker!
mr m

Re: toots & the maytals

Post by mr m »

you cant beat good old reggae and ska, still got all my old records, box of em, there are some great reggae radio stations online they play a lot of the old stuff good old moon stomp
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
RM23

Post by RM23 »

Love soul funk reggae as well it was a great set cheers =D> :salute:
watch out for the quiet ones ...
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

saw them live years ago

was a little nonplussed at the time Monkey man pressure drop and then an hour of gospel and easy listening, which was fine but i'd gone to jump around not really listen to close harmony... the Hawaiian shirts and straw hats didn't help

desmond dekker on the other hand always delivered, once you could get past the the head to toe, skin-tight, silver leather Biker jacket inspired suit, winkle picker boots and Charles de gaulle style cap he was wearing all was good, even had a chat and shook his hand (very cold but he had just been for a wee)

must have been 192 years old had his kids and their kids and potentially their kids upstairs in the circle watching the show, one presumes they were saying "oh granddad, stop thrusting your hips like that" Clapham grand double header with the selecter...obviously i was vey vey ver vey drunk.... by the end.

The selector at hampton open air pool was good, again a few years ago surrounded by pension aged skinheads on picnic rugs eating humus and bread sticks, pinki sticking out in an affected way as their drank their wine. Tres odd, weird juxtaposition, shaved head,tats, braces boots and canapes,

jumping about was frowned upon there as well, so i sat in a deck chair and drank larger.

but a very good night.
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I saw Inner Circle once, at Reading Festival in '79.... but that's all i can contribute, sorry ;)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Not my cup of Jack Daniels, I'm afraid.... each to his own. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

if this doesn't make you smile! :rr:
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

doesn't seem to work.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

gmopar59 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 20 3:45 pm if this doesn't make you smile! :rr:
Ok I give in, made me smile :lol:
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Pete wrote: Tue Jun 30, 20 4:52 pm Not my cup of Jack Daniels, I'm afraid.... each to his own. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Hey Pete, i love Skynyrd as much as anyone, my second favourite live album - one more from the road - after live and dangerous, but i like every thing from 17th century chanting to even Ed sheeran - not that i would buy it. Only band i really can't abide is take that. Listening to Steel Pulse now.