van morrison 75 on monday

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

van morrison 75 on monday

Post by gmopar59 »

Van’s 75 on Monday. Belfast 89 (local radio station, you should get it on digital) are having a 2 hour request programme. 12 lunchtime until 2pm. I’ve been listening to them most lunchtimes in my garage, they only play 60s and 70s music then. Hendrix, faces Suzy Q T-rex on today. Kept meaning to leave but then another cracker comes on. Worth a listen if you can.
Blue

Re: van morrison 75 on monday

Post by Blue »

The trouble I have with "gold" stations is they usually play the stuff I wouldn't have wanted to listen to back then either...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete

Post by Pete »

We saw Van the Man at the Royal Albert Hall.

Possibly the most miserable man in music.....

Makes Marvin look as if he is over-flowing with joy....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Blue

Post by Blue »

Possibly the most overrated man in music IMO...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Blue wrote: Sat Aug 29, 20 7:11 pm Possibly the most overrated man in music IMO...
You could be right, but he was quite good with John Lee Hooker, but that was because he was with John Lee Hooker.....

What about the legions of Rap "Artistes".... Bags of talent there..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RM23

Post by RM23 »

Ahh Mr chairman depends what rap/hip hop you've listened to there's lots of good stuff there maybe I'll put some up on the Friday let's rock link just to scare y, all remember hip hop has been around since 1973 and has its roots in reggae like many other types of music. Thank you sir :read2: :plymouth: :rr:
watch out for the quiet ones ...
Blue

Post by Blue »

There's some great hip hop but it's a genre that very obviously "borrows" from what has gone before as it's very much sample driven.
RM23

Post by RM23 »

Absolutely my friend sampling and the sampler is another instrument every single record today almost will have a sample buried in the production somewhere be it snare drum sound vocal sound hi hat etc even metal records but they'd never admit it of course cheers blue hopefully see you at the Brighton run :read2: :thumbright:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sorry, chaps; you are on a mission to nowhere trying to convince me on that one.... personal taste at the end of the day.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

FFS, i know he's a moody old #### and has walked off stage before, but i think he's made some of the best music out there. I can't stand hip hop. But then i'm a miserable old #### my self.
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Just to rub salt into your wounds He's on twice tonight. BBC4 10pm or BBC 1 at 10.30. Live concert on Cypress Avenue, where I beleive he was caught one time! :P Also from memory, I think he smiles in this.
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

He might be a missable old bloke ( but most of us could fall into that category !! ) But he's also one of the best song writers of our times ....
At my Worst,I'm at my Best ......
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Cheers Scooby :thumbright: . People need to go back to the 60's stuff. Astral weeks, TB sheets. The vocals are some of the best although at times i could strangle the flautist. Seemed to be a thing back then.
RM23

Post by RM23 »

Astral weeks is a great album 1967 he didn't make a penny from brown eyed girl tho as a single and its one of the most played songs on earth :shock: :read2: :thumbright:
RM23

Post by RM23 »

I also like Them lp as well he also told the a + r man from elektra to check out a band who were playing at a club called the London fog they were called............ THE DOORS........ Right that's enough from me......... :read2: :thumbright: