van morrison 75 on monday

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

Re: van morrison 75 on monday

Post by gmopar59 »

He gave the acetate of brown eyed girl to my wifes girlfriend whose daughter died age 17 many years ago from anaphylactic shock. 2 eppee pens, one broke and they couldn't find the other (party). One of the most beautiful girls I ever saw. The hubby is his accountant. Wifey did the Belfast marathon to raise money along with many others.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Van's Greatest Hits album from a few years ago was a regular in my CD player before I packed them all away a while ago. Not sure I would want to see him live but I agree, good songwriter.

Hip Hop...dont write it off like I did for years. I have dug around the genre for a while but just cant find anything that beats the Dr Dre '2001' and The Game 'Documentary' albums.

If anyone fancies a superb documentary on the music business, have a look at 'The Defiant Ones'. Story of Jimmy Iovine, Dr Dre etc and their rise to fame, ending with the sale of 'Beats' to SONY for an insane amount of money. Contributions from Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Bruce Springsteen etc...brilliant watch.

Cheers Steve
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RM23

Post by RM23 »

Hi Steve yes I saw that documentary on netflix it's funny how different elements come together and sometimes it doesn't matter if you've got no talent the business can turn you into a megastar :thumbright:
watch out for the quiet ones ...