Classic Industries

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Matt74

Classic Industries

Post by Matt74 »

I ordered some parts from Classic industries in June and according to my order history when I login to my account the shipping date was 29th of June.
The parts were to be delivered to Ron Fenton's US address to be shipped over here however the parts never reached his address in the US.

Classic industries are not responding to my requests for tracking information ( I have called but the number will not connect) and I'm wondering if they even shipped them at all although they did assure me all parts were in stock so they should have done.

I've never used them before and wonder if anyone else has experienced similar with them?
Mark B

Re: Classic Industries

Post by Mark B »

I asked them for a quote for shipping to the UK and they took 3 weeks to reply to my email. Not sure why their service is so slow compared to say Rockauto. I’m guessing like some businesses they use Covid as an excuse for poor service.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Blue

Post by Blue »

The other thing to bear in mind is no matter how professional the website looks you have no idea who you are actually dealing with. A surprising amount of these companies are virtually one man operations, they are not all Summit.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
morgan

Post by morgan »

I tried to speak with them for a steering box. They replied but wouldnt quote shipping until placed order and the item was on 'back order'. They then told me this could be weeks, months or even a year. I gave up at that point.
The address they replied from was rates@classicindustries.com if that helps.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Thanks all and thanks Morgan for the email address.
I did get a reply just after I placed the order as I noticed on my account that all the items had been placed on backorder I asked to cancel.
They assured me that all items were in stock and would be dispatched in the next few days.
The person that replied then is no longer responding so I'm now thinking they were not in stock after all which is why they haven't given me any tracking information.

It's very frustrating not knowing!