pub rock south England 1970s

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Re: pub rock south England 1970s

Post by RobTwin »

Blue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 12:06 am Nope it was just part of his schtick. Also stood next to Frank Sidebottom at the bar, that was messy...
I'd have like to have seen him drinking... hope he didn't get his papier-mache head wet :shock:
Blue

Post by Blue »

He asked if they had a straw, they didn't so he chucked the pint in the rough direction of his mouth and wandered off...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Yes it's pretty disappointing the price of gigs these days ...I also remember seeing Dr Feelgood back in the early '80's, I seem to recall it was at Brunel University...or was that Rockpile I saw there!! . And also saw the Stranglers a number of times, great band!!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
SAV@RPM

Post by SAV@RPM »

Rockpile were another good band, Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe. Saw them at Guildford Uni in the days when my only mode of transport was a Triumph motorcycle, my mate rode pillion.
Pete

Post by Pete »

SAV@RPM wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 6:15 pm Rockpile were another good band, Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe. Saw them at Guildford Uni in the days when my only mode of transport was a Triumph motorcycle, my mate rode pillion.
Excellent, Martin.

I remember riding to the Odeon and parking my Guzzi under Hammersmith Flyover to see Motorhead's "Ace up your Sleeve Tour"...

I would have ridden my XS650 to see Zeppelin at Knebworth, but I had a septic hand and could not ride; and had to suffer the misery of public transport....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 6:24 pm
SAV@RPM wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 6:15 pm Rockpile were another good band, Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe. Saw them at Guildford Uni in the days when my only mode of transport was a Triumph motorcycle, my mate rode pillion.
Excellent, Martin.

I remember riding to the Odeon and parking my Guzzi under Hammersmith Flyover to see Motorhead's "Ace up your Sleeve Tour"...

I would have ridden my XS650 to see Zeppelin at Knebworth, but I had a septic hand and could not ride; and had to suffer the misery of public transport....
We used to drive to Hammersmith and park in the car park under the flyover, back in the good old days before they closed the car park to encourage people to use public transport :x

And we had to slum it on public transport for Zep at Knebworth too - underground from Edgware and I think a coach to Knebworth. Had to sleep rough in Stevenage after the gig though as I missed the last coach/train back #-o
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Captain Chaos wrote: Sat Feb 06, 21 7:29 am I caught the last ten minutes sadly,hopefully it’ll come back around. I loved the live music from this period 😎 I saw Dr Feelgood a couple of years back and even though the line up had changed they were still really good.
I watched it on 'catch-up' Stew - you can still get it on Sky Arts. Well worth it :thumbright:
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

RobTwin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 9:41 pm
Captain Chaos wrote: Sat Feb 06, 21 7:29 am I caught the last ten minutes sadly,hopefully it’ll come back around. I loved the live music from this period 😎 I saw Dr Feelgood a couple of years back and even though the line up had changed they were still really good.
I watched it on 'catch-up' Stew - you can still get it on Sky Arts. Well worth it :thumbright:
We don’t have Sky,I’m sure I’ll catch it again.👍
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Captain Chaos wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 10:28 pm
RobTwin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 21 9:41 pm
We don’t have Sky,I’m sure I’ll catch it again.👍
Sky Arts is on Freeview now so should be available somehow :-k
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

I caught bits n bobs. Used to love Eddie & the Hot Rods. Barrie Masters hasn't aged that well.
Oops!!! just Googled him to check the spelling, and saw that he died in Oct 2019. Shame.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Stu Twin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 21 8:44 am I caught bits n bobs. Used to love Eddie & the Hot Rods. Barrie Masters hasn't aged that well.
Oops!!! just Googled him to check the spelling, and saw that he died in Oct 2019. Shame.
Yeah, great shame, they were still playing up until quite recently too :(