Top Gear

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Top Gear

Post by MattH »

Quite enjoying the new series. Yes it might not be too technical and designed to appeal to all, but it was quite entertaining and some nice cars to see too.
I'm glad they didn't overlook the AMC Hornet, in fact quite the opposite.
The Aston continuation was stunning, but the Alfaholics Alfa was the star for me, but £325,000?

Worth a watch. I'm sure some will slag it off, as some do with Wheeler Dealers, but the fact they have managed to produce a series at all during the pandemic is impressive.
They also don't take themselves too seriously which is good. Freddy Flintoff as Jaws was excellent, especially losing his wig, then picking it up on the next lap!
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
morgan

Re: Top Gear

Post by morgan »

I cant gel with it I'm afraid. I followed the other 3 to amazon...

I should give it another go - I decided early doors that I didnt like it as it felt like 'forced fun' - none of the line ups have had the comraderie that the other 3 had and what took time to evolve before was just expected to 'be' with whatever 3 celebs they plonked in front of the camera as opposed to actual journalists who adore cars and have evolved into it.
But I am a grumpy old man.

I should give it a go.

PS - Sabine :( Very very sad. She was a goddess - so talented.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Can't watch it much beyond 2 mins, that Paddy is a plonker. Knows nothing about cars and should stick to game shows.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
MattH

Post by MattH »

I didn't go with it to start with, did not bother, and went to Grand Tour with the other three, but having watched the last 2 series, I reckon its alright now, and the three do gel pretty well now.
Paddy is a bit of a plonker but he knows it and plays the part of the team fool.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I've stuck with it, as I always have. As much as I like Andy/Freddie Flintoff as a cricketing hero, and to a lesser degree a 'TV Celeb/Presenter, I'm not convinced he's right for Top Gear :-k
As for Paddy McG, yes he can be a funny guy but like Freddie, I just don't think he's a car guy :shock:

But when I see Jonny Smith on his YouTube videos, I cant help thinking he MUST find his way onto TG. He is good mates with Chris Harris, after all.

:mytwocents:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

It is TV with some entertainment and fun with some good looking cars in.

What they do is funny and a good laugh, so why not smile and see some cars too.
MattH

Post by MattH »

cadboy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 21 7:57 am It is TV with some entertainment and fun with some good looking cars in.

What they do is funny and a good laugh, so why not smile and see some cars too.
Spot on I think. Our whole family sit and watch it, so it appeals to all.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes, Julie actually reminds me that TG is on and she loves it - unlike the original Trio.

Whatever the cast, the format is still the same: 3 Guys cocking around, with some cars thrown in.

It is designed to be throw away entertainment, and nothing more.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
morgan

Post by morgan »

RobTwin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 21 1:25 am But when I see Jonny Smith on his YouTube videos, I cant help thinking he MUST find his way onto TG. He is good mates with Chris Harris, after all.

:mytwocents:
Johnny Smith is super good - I cant work out how he didnt get the gig (he was up for it when Harris got the job I think).
He is also good friends with Richard Porter (Sniffpetrol, smith n sniff) who is a writer for topgear and now Grand Tour. Point is he is connected too.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"