motor trend moving to discovery+

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

mygasser

motor trend moving to discovery+

Post by mygasser »

i've subscribed to motor trend for some time now but had an email recently stating thta from august you can't get it outside the usa. shortly after thta another email saying motor trend have 'teamed' up with discovery+ and they will be airing motor trend channels. good news and i checked yesterday and they are already showing.
if you have sky q you can get discovery+ free for 12 months too. i googled how much is discovery plus and it appears to £4.99 a month so about the same as the motor trend sub' plus you'll get all the other discovery+ channels too.
so after my free 12 months i'll let the subscription run if only for motor trend.
any that don't know motor trend shows stuff like roadkill, roadkill garage, engine masters, faster with finnigan etc etc etc
neil.
MrNorm

Re: motor trend moving to discovery+

Post by MrNorm »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've had MTOD for some time (very happy with content!) and my wife got discovery plus a few months ago, so I have both apps on my phone.......and the MTOD content on D+ is woefully light - for example the most recent Roadkill series is season 8, where on MT it's up to Season 10. So right now you wouldn't get the latest episodes when they release, just stuff from 2019 :o Same with roadkill garage etc. Pretty bum deal, I'll be really annoyed if we can't get the latest content. Also the number of different shows etc is much less.
Whether they'll catch up once they stop MT for UK I don't know, I strongly doubt it but I guess it's possible :(
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
mygasser

Re: motor trend moving to discovery+

Post by mygasser »

MrNorm wrote: Tue Jun 15, 21 6:22 pm I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've had MTOD for some time (very happy with content!) and my wife got discovery plus a few months ago, so I have both apps on my phone.......and the MTOD content on D+ is woefully light - for example the most recent Roadkill series is season 8, where on MT it's up to Season 10. So right now you wouldn't get the latest episodes when they release, just stuff from 2019 :o Same with roadkill garage etc. Pretty bum deal, I'll be really annoyed if we can't get the latest content. Also the number of different shows etc is much less.
Whether they'll catch up once they stop MT for UK I don't know, I strongly doubt it but I guess it's possible :(
that's cheered me right up #-o