E10 petrol

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Matt74

Re: E10 petrol

Post by Matt74 »

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 12, 22 11:16 am Saw 1.89 here…

My gas and electric was 139 in November.
Then went to 199. Yesterday they put it up to 323.
323 !!!!! ?!?? I mean wow. No switch deals either so it’s a ‘suck it up’.
Mine was £129 per month direct debit before I got moved from Avro to Octopus Energy with a £500 credit in hand. I've been monitoring the usage as my £500 credit was disappearing fast. We were going through approximately £180 a month.

We have an electric oven and four kids between 16 and 23 that were all eating at different times and using the oven several times a day. It really annoys me because they would preheat the oven and quite often forget about it and then put 1 burger in there. It wasn't uncommon for them to forget to turn it off either.
So I bought a combination microwave and told them to use that instead of the oven, turned the central heating down to 14°, turned the boiler right down, made sure there were no draughts anywhere and removed some light bulbs as most rooms had 4 or more.
Got the combined usage down to £125 per month. Obviously that'll go up in April though and I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm not sure what else I can do to save energy. :-k
Steve

Post by Steve »

Kids eh!!!! Makes me laugh as its true what they say..."the warmest person in the house is the one who pays the bills"

My dad drummed it into me when I was a kid to switch lights off if they aren't being used and shut doors behind me. We lived in a very draughty single glazed house with no heating other than a coal fire in the living room and a really dodgy paraffin heater at the end of the upstairs hallway. Dealing with being cold and skint certainly teaches you the value of conserving resources. Good days actually, very very simple life compared with today's cluttered lifestyles. My relocation was partly to address this issue and I do lead a very simple life again though my only concession is that I do insist on being toastie on cold days / nights :thumbright:

Off thread again, sorry.....back to E10 :evil:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Yeah we've gone a bit off thread but that's the way conversations go. I'm also looking at simplifying our lives. I have too many things that I don't need and don't use and I don't feel any better for having this stuff that just creates clutter everywhere.

Back on thread then my old Mondeo seems to be quite happy on E10 now. :thumbright:
Steve

Post by Steve »

That's very true Matt...this is as close as we will probably ever get to chatting in the pub! Conversations do stray in real life....glad your car is OK. I may have no choice but to try it in my Dodge soon. Availability of E5 near me is becoming very limited
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Plenty of E5 here. Was supposed to come in this year but typically with our assembly not sitting, wasters, nothing is being approved. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.