Top Gear

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Top Gear

Post by Steve »

Just watching the new TopGear....bit on about Eddie Kidd. Sad story, a legend to say the least. I saw him jump when I was a boy. Long Marston / Avon Park / Shakespeare County Raceway looks very run down and derelict now....end of an era. I have many happy memories of that place with my kids and friends

Cheers Steve :cry:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Steve

Re: Top Gear

Post by Steve »

Best Top Gear episode ever in my opinion :thumbright:
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

I’ve avoided TG for a while now and tripped over the episode just as it started. Bikes were my first love and he was just the greatest, I had a lump in my throat at the end of it all. Fantastic tribute 👍
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Yes, t'was a good episode. Still not convinced about Paddy & Freddie as presenters - I'm sure they could do better - but that was a great tribute to Eddie Kidd by Paddy :salute:
Steve

Post by Steve »

I like all three of them, better now than the Clarkson days in my opinion :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Steve wrote: Sun Nov 14, 21 10:35 pm I like all three of them, better now than the Clarkson days in my opinion :thumbright:
ooh controversial! :shock:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

yes a good tribute to Eddy and sad to see Shakey/Long Marston as is :(

used to go there a lot and have fun every time
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

I can't believe how run down that looks in just a few years.
Anyway, wasn't it supposed to be redeveloped?
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Stu Twin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 21 1:14 pm I can't believe how run down that looks in just a few years.
Anyway, wasn't it supposed to be redeveloped?
Yes I thought it would be full of 1/2 built houses by now... :-k
Steve

Post by Steve »

I had heard that there are huge amounts of tyres buried there that will have to be removed before building can start
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Captain Chaos wrote: Sun Nov 14, 21 10:03 pm I’ve avoided TG for a while now and tripped over the episode just as it started. Bikes were my first love and he was just the greatest, I had a lump in my throat at the end of it all. Fantastic tribute 👍
Strangely that's exactly what happened to me. Have not watched it since forever, did not know it was on but switched on just before the Eddie Kidd bit and we all watched it. Very sad though good for Eddie that he smiled a lot despite his injuries. Yes, fantastic piece

There is a YouTube vid of Shakey as it is now, some BMX'r got in and goes through all the deserted buildings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1YXM_6 ... e=youtu.be
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

MrNorm wrote: Mon Nov 15, 21 7:32 pm
Captain Chaos wrote: Sun Nov 14, 21 10:03 pm I’ve avoided TG for a while now and tripped over the episode just as it started. Bikes were my first love and he was just the greatest, I had a lump in my throat at the end of it all. Fantastic tribute 👍
Strangely that's exactly what happened to me. Have not watched it since forever, did not know it was on but switched on just before the Eddie Kidd bit and we all watched it. Very sad though good for Eddie that he smiled a lot despite his injuries. Yes, fantastic piece

There is a YouTube vid of Shakey as it is now, some BMX'r got in and goes through all the deserted buildings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1YXM_6 ... e=youtu.be
Interesting video,just like they upped and left leavings quite a bit behind.

I rewatched the Knievel vs Kidd jump off battle again last night,superb😎
morgan

Post by morgan »

I've tuned out and not watched any really since the 3 went to amazon. I just cant see the 'connection'; I think the difference is that Jezza,May,Hammond you get the feeling they would be mates anyway. Last time I tried it just felt 'random/forced', the old format but with 3 utterly unrelated individuals. However, the club has spoken. I'll give it another go.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Steve wrote: Mon Nov 15, 21 1:54 pm I had heard that there are huge amounts of tyres buried there that will have to be removed before building can start
Yes I heard that too. I think MuzzyDave posted it on here a while ago? :-k
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i'd guess the RAF probably didn't do much for the environmnet there either....

it won't just by tyres under the top soil......

its most probably the brownest of brown field sites, in which case the developer will be expecting someone (the tax payer probably) to clear it up......

it will be just another chunk of acerage added to the developers cache of land, which will be held until the prices they can charge cover the expenditure that they say will be necessary to make the gound safe...but they won't want to shoulder any of that cost....

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying