breakdown cover

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

graham fury

breakdown cover

Post by graham fury »

morning all
its probably been asked before but can anyone recomend a good breakdown cover. ive done the usual serches on google but cant find one that will cover a 56 yr old car cheers graham
Dom66

Re: breakdown cover

Post by Dom66 »

Comes as part of my insurance with Hagerty. Seems pretty good service, they rescued me when one of my propshaft UJ's gave up the ghost on a trip out a year or so back.
Derek

Post by Derek »

graham fury wrote: Sat Jan 15, 22 10:21 am morning all
its probably been asked before but can anyone recomend a good breakdown cover. ive done the usual serches on google but cant find one that will cover a 56 yr old car cheers graham
I'm with the AA, have been with them 30+ years, I've had to call them out for the Charger twice and never been a problem getting me home, once was on the way home from the MEC when I thought a core plug had let go but on closer inspection once home it was an exhaust bolt.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
graham fury

Post by graham fury »

cheers derek in was with rac but after 23 yrs membership they now want £185.99 a year so i cancelled
Derek

Post by Derek »

graham fury wrote: Sat Jan 15, 22 1:29 pm cheers derek in was with rac but after 23 yrs membership they now want £185.99 a year so i cancelled
Cover for you in any car with home start national, breakdown and recovery will probably be about £130, go to their website and give them a try.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.

Post by sticky »

I insured my barracuda with BRENTACRE for a very reasonable price, agreed value, and breakdown cover was £25 annually, recovery included.
ddingley
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Got mine covered on insurance with RH, but also worth checking if your bank covers you, a lot do, although some have size restrictions.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Like Derek , am with the AA , the rear occasions I have had to use them they always come up trumps , saying that I have heard some stories when things have not gone smoothly , but guess you can say that about any of the breakdown services .
GUY :salute:
Blue

Post by Blue »

AA here too, not the cheapest I'm sure but they've got me home quickly several times over the years when I've had an issue I couldn't fix, including when I broke up at Shakey. It also covers you for any vehicle you are in including as a passenger, not sure cheaper options give you that and yes I have needed to use it.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete

Post by Pete »

AA here too!

Peace of mind....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

AA through the bank and have used them a few times always very good and quick service.

Also have it with RH insurance, but have not needed to use them as AA has been good.