Wanted b-body arm rest plastics Now Found

Mopar related parts

Moderator: Moderators

Bens68charger

Wanted b-body arm rest plastics Now Found

Post by Bens68charger »

Wanted a pair of b-body front arm rest plastics to fit charger, any condition. I believe many cars share the same.

Now found thank you mr m
Attachments
530CB1A3-4B05-40A4-B6D7-82CB84FBA280.jpeg
530CB1A3-4B05-40A4-B6D7-82CB84FBA280.jpeg (92.8 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Last edited by Bens68charger on Tue Sep 13, 22 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Re: Wanted b-body arm rest plastics

Post by Steve »

Good luck with the search. If you get stuck, I know reproductions are available that look pretty good quality. Mine were quite worn so I just swapped them over (upside down,left to right) and they look great!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Last edited by Steve on Thu Sep 08, 22 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Derek

Post by Derek »

Steve wrote: Wed Sep 07, 22 9:53 pm I just swapped them over (upside down,left to right) and they look great!
That's what I did years ago.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Bens68charger

Post by Bens68charger »

Hi Steve, Thanks for your comments, yes I could get reproductions i just wanted to see if anybody had some in the uk I could buy, im in talks with someone on here about some they have, so hopefully i will be able to buy them. I know they are not essential but the door looks incomplete without them. They are such a difficult shape to make but if i have to I will, its just getting them strong enough, but hopefully i won't have to make them. Anything charger here seems hard to get hold of and expensive, its good in a way that many parts were shared with other cars.
Cheers
Ben
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

main issue is most second hand ones are second hand for the same reasons, chrome worn off or cracked
base model had colour plastic or painted high end had chromed
i fixed up a few with chemical metal and a lot of filing and wet-n-dry, then ran around with painted for a long time

eventually i bit the bullet and got some repro ones which i have to admit were better than the originals in some respects, thicker on the edges in areas you can't see focused mainly where the edge normally cracks off, and of course plastics tech. has moved on in 50 years the origionals were expected to last 5.... i doubt the new ones are made from the same UV sensative brittle as china rubbish that the orginals were.

mine are 67 A body specific so although i have loads of tatty ones they probably no good to you, youd need A body pads as well and they'd look kinda wrong.

they crack if they come loose OR if the door fibre board has gone soft providing an un-even surface to mount against.
1967 version was 1 year only probably due to the cracking.

and if you don't position them right the door handle pull will gouge the chrome...

all good fun. Unless they are pretty mint second had can be a false ecconomy :)

Dave
Eecoutez!:" A midi.
Quel heure est-il? Il est midi.
C'est l'heure de dejeuner. Qu'est-ce qu'il y a a manger?
Il y a saucisse, sans doute.
ecoutez et repetez. a midi.
quel heure est-il?
quel heure
quel heure est-il?
est-il?
il est midi.....
Bens68charger

Post by Bens68charger »

Hi Dave, yes your probably right about the new ones not being as good and the original ones will be brittle, I will probably end up painting anything that i get, I've found some good chrome paint that airbrushes on and looks decent. Yes I think the A body wouldn't look right. Ive got the pads its just the plastics i need, Yes all fun and games.
Cheers
Ben
Steve

Post by Steve »

If you get the opportunity, it's worth getting hold of the Chrysler interchange manual. It's amazing how many parts are 'cross model',could save you a few quid in the long run. Not cheap but they do pop up occasionally reasonably priced :thumbright:

https://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Muscle- ... 0760304203
Bens68charger

Post by Bens68charger »

I will keep my eyes out for that. I do use parts sometimes that aren't even mopar lol.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Needs must at times Ben. I've wasted money in the past chasing used parts, trying to fix stuff and in the end just getting what I need like I should have in the first place.

For what it's worth, I would bite the bullet and just buy a set of nice reproductions, job done :santa: :santa:
Bens68charger

Post by Bens68charger »

I probably will, im just going to give it a little time to see if anybody has any.
Steve

Post by Steve »