79 mustang

Anonymous

79 mustang

Post by Anonymous »

ive been watching a 1979 2.3 turbo mustang fox body on ebay recently and it was no reserve and it was at £100. This was what i wanted to get as my first car so ive kept my eyes on it for a while.
Bidding finished today, it was at about £200 when i got on the computer and i made my dad bid on it really quickly. And what a muppet my dad is he left the sniper bid too late and we lost it by £5.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he did it on purpose because it wasn't a MOPAR.
I had a good time at SANTA POD last weekend although i only went up for a day and i met a few people i hadnt seen before like, Clive and Ivor and also Miles , richard ,Paul Mander. U guys are funny. LO :D
Hope to see you lot soon at another car show or sumfin.
Ill be posting up some pictures of the bovingdon car show on saturday and the bovingdon drag meet on sunday.. harley :D :)
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Just to say the car show is a general car show open to all and all cars
only the second year never got to last years.
The Drag meet is Invite only....so if you dont have a ticket you wont get in, even to watch.....sorry :rulez:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Holly

Post by Holly »

Lucky escape on the Turbo Mustang!

If you're patient something good will turn up :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:iagree: with you James

Think your dad saved you from a lot of headaches there.
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

KIDS you cant tell em :roll:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER

latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Narrow escape there. ;) :read2: :lol:
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

If we had won it, it was going 289 sbf ....lotta work but he is keen
ALL KILLER NO FILLER

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi and welcome.

if youv got the cash buy waht ever car you want(as long as its not a mussie)
my parents tried to tell me what car to have, so i ignored them and went and brought a charger. 8-)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

whats wrong with the mustangs? i cant really find anything else for those sort of cheap prices.
its either something like a mustang or a beetle.. lol.. :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Nthing really Harley, you get what you like. But, listen to yer old fella and you wont go far wrong. If you are only looking at spending a couple of hundred you could be buying a whole heap o trouble. The more opinions you ask for the more confusing it will get. If I was your age and this was my first car, I wouldnt turn me nose up at a Mussie :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Harley i was the same as you when looking for a project car and I was looking at everything that came up then i came across the coronet. Just keep looking for the car you want wether it be a mustang, chevy or mopar its your money you do what you want with it. ;)
Holly

Post by Holly »

The turbo mustangs are ok, but the engine is weak and many parts are no longer available for them. The Fox body mustangs are also prone to body flex, and after over 20 years often need a good bit of bracing to be really safe.

The Shelby Charger in Cornwall went for £820, shame you missed it! Be patient and something will crop up ;)
latil

Post by latil »

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

latil

Post by latil »

One of these would be a far better bet than a 2.3 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-Ford-Mustang ... dZViewItem

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You could do worse than a late 70s / early 80s Camaro or Firebird. Not sure how much they go for these days but they look 10x cooler than same age mustang (in my opinion), dead easy to work on and there are thousands of parts out there.

The straight 6 is a bit wheezy but a 305 or a 350 should be a bit of fun without giving your insurance broker a full-on cardiac arrest...

Depends how much you want to spend. My first car was a 2-litre Rover Montego, insurance was £1200. 2 years later and with 2 year's no-claims, I got a '78 Trans Am with a 400 V8. Insurance... £1200! So it shouln't be TOO much if you went for a smaller motor.

It might have rattled like a biscuit tin full of spanners, but it was a fun drive. Watch out for rusty ones though!!

Sorry, I've rambled on a bit there. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree or ignore!

Andy