RAISED BROWN LETTERING

Moderator: Moderators

kma176

RAISED BROWN LETTERING

Post by kma176 »

Has anyone come across a a problem with BF Goodrich T/A Radials - I purchased a pair earlier last year and the raised white letters are brown.
I've tried every different way of cleaning, they look whiteish for a week then the brown bleeds though again.
When they turned up they had all the normal blue dye across them and they are correct date code so not old ones!
I am in touch with Michelin(as it seems they own BF Goodrich now) and have filled there claim forms in but they are not very forthcoming .
I have since purchased another pair for the rear and they are just fine with Raised White Letters and not Brown!

Captain Chaos

Re: RAISED BROWN LETTERING

Post by Captain Chaos »

I experienced this with the BFGs I bought for my Vandura, I debated complaining but persisted with cleaning and it has eventually stopped,two years plus I’m afraid. In hindsight I should have done something about it. I use Traffic Film Remover on a worn dish scourer.

Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Some sets stay brown, I made this on my old Mustang. No matter how much you use a scouring pad / Cif. Other sets clean up well.

kma176

Post by kma176 »

Just a thought they weren't 245/60/15 were they? bad batch maybe.
I've been told by Northants to use Brake Fluid and Wet & Dry (tried it but still not White its engrained not on the surface)!!
I am in touch with manufacturers so we'll see what happens - at the end of the day they are advertised as Raised white letters and not Brown raised letters> :-k :-k

Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Brown on BFG 255/60/15s.

Gavlar 440-6

Post by Gavlar 440-6 »

Yes had the same issue, returned them to Northants Tyers and the new ones do the same.

I sort of like the vintage look of them not being quite so white but they then don't match the fronts which I've considered staining somehow to match.

G..
1970 Cuda, 440-6 Pack, Burnt Orange Metallic, Shaker Hood, 4 Speed, Super Track Pack, #'s matching