Drag week 2014

Moderator: Moderators

bratfink

Post by bratfink »

Doesn't Larson and the other top end guys remove the cooling system and replace the doors to get to race trip? That's a bit more extreme than Frosty's race conversion.

Still hats off to them though. :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

I had a quick read up and race trim consists of changing the steel doors to carbon fibre, taking out the petrol fuel system, removing the rad and running on alky. If that's the case I don't understand what the point is of driving it there in the first place. Surely the whole point of drag week was to see how far you could push streetability? As in you have to race the car in exactly the same form you drove it there in. I suspect it has become so successful the organisers have moved the goalposts to see much quick ET's and therefore increase the exposure and revenue.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Well that makes it even more of a load of Bo55ocks then doesn't it!!, so what we are talking about here is a Full On Race Car, so if you look at it like that the 6.16 is quick for a Pro-Mod car but it wouldn't get far up in qualifying in a field of 16 cars or win any events without running in the 5.80's or without breakeages from others!.....who knows maybe the 5's are only another tune away if he has enough rpm left in that 600ci motor before the top end eats itself....Drag Week was run on 2013 rules.
jerry

Post by jerry »

I think whats really impressive are cars like Doug Clines camaro ran 6 second passes every day, all steel car and no trailer and 1000 miles over the 5 days.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

A look inside Larry Larsons power plant

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bang ... week-2014/
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Mick

Post by Mick »

It makes you wonder if they'll split the class into two, tube frame, glass bodied and back half steel cars like Cline's and Barry. Apparently Larson built the truck to prove a point but i suppose some will question whether it's within the spirit of drag week. Amazing none the less.
I would like to do daily driver myself, although all the slots went in 8 mins for drag week 2015. Just to add, I love the live commentary from David Freiburger and Brian Lohnes.
Mick :thumbright:
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

mopar_mark wrote:A look inside Larry Larsons power plant

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bang ... week-2014/
good link :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :read2: :read2: :thumbright: :thumbright:
The closer you are to death the more alive you are