American SpeedFest 2020....POSTPONED

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

Derek

American SpeedFest 2020....POSTPONED

Post by Derek »

I had a phone call this afternoon and this is basically what they want to do. Please read it's not good news.
Attachments
75418250_2639609682762142_2293197246809767936_o.......................................jpg
75418250_2639609682762142_2293197246809767936_o.......................................jpg (84.8 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
77007724_2639609766095467_6992546541340721152_o.jpg
77007724_2639609766095467_6992546541340721152_o.jpg (109.04 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Mark B

Re: American SpeedFest 2020....Bad news.

Post by Mark B »

Hmm . . .

This year I noticed the numbers were down slightly. I recon this will put people off further. Anyone with a lesser car's get accepted and has to park their car miles away for the event. If you're coming from a long distance to park in a distant field, you'll probably think what's the point.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Pete

Post by Pete »

Book me in please Derek - I have already paid for the Hotel!!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

I think this is the big field on the right of the entrance as you approach it from the road. You are not part of the event at all if you’re out there. Don’t understand what is behind the decision as there is plenty of room inside for parking,lots of space this year. I guess there is some other reason which is unfathomable.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

I'll put my name down now please, I hope my old thing is deemed special / interesting.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
mr m

Post by mr m »

car security now becomes an issue as leaving the car out front unattended is not a good idea, there was loads of space this year, so this move by speedfest definitely has an ulterior motive, i wonder what the mustang owners club will do as their stand was huge
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Blue

Post by Blue »

Reading that you can only assume they want quality rather than quantity, they have a growing amount of cars wating to attend so they feel they can do that I guess.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Gavlar 440-6

Post by Gavlar 440-6 »

Similar to Goodwood revival Classic parking I suppose.
I get what they are trying to do here and make club stands more exclusive and interesting.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts Del on how you intend to allocate spaces on the club stand? Representation of different models, Charger, RR, Challenger etc. I suppose you have to be careful you aren’t viewed as choosing regular club members or MMA area reps for example and it’s a fair selection process with a set of qualifying criteria before you can be considered to go into a draw etc.

Far from ideal and I’m sure will cause some consternation.
1970 AAR Cuda, Black, White Interior, Auto, one of 12
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Did they not give any kind of explanation, Derek?

The idea of getting all the 'non top 10' club cars to park in the 'VIP' area just outside the entrance (that is normally a public car park) so the paying public can 'admire as they arrive' seems odd cos if the public aren't able to park in that area any more, surely they' wont be arriving thru the main entrance? :scratch:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mustang Owners have been allocated 10 spaces too....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote: Fri Nov 15, 19 11:12 am Mustang Owners have been allocated 10 spaces too....
Fight fight fight... :argue: :wack: :violent1: :runaway!:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Just had an email from them saying applications are now open....

and

"Club Displays: We are looking to involve more clubs than ever before in SpeedFest next year, particularly those that haven’t had the opportunity until now. But we also want to look after those larger clubs that have supported us over the years. So in the main display areas behind the start/finish straight we will have an initial cap of 15 vehicles per club for online registrations, whilst there will be other areas made available (still inside the venue) for larger club gatherings – please contact us for details.

Individual Owners: As usual SpeedFest will accept applications from individual owners; these vehicles will be put on display in our VIP ‘Parking Lot’. We are also searching for a range of particular vehicle types to be part of some very special regions of the new look SpeedFest, check out the website here for more details..."

looks like they're already changing their mind... :scratch:
Derek

Post by Derek »

Changing their minds already, I have registered the MMA for club parking just got to wait and see if we get it, but how do we choose what cars.

SPEEDFEST 8 - CAR CLUB APPLICATIONS OPENING TODAY

We’re pleased to announce that online registrations for clubs will open at 3pm this afternoon (Friday) at www.speedfest.co.uk.

With increasing demand from clubs every year, and more entertainment being added in a relatively small venue, we do need to make some changes from time to time. We also want to enable more clubs to be involved and represented, particularly those that have never been a part of SpeedFest before. So here are the 2020 differences:

- The main display areas behind the start/finish straight will be initially capped at 15 vehicles per club
- Other display areas, inside the venue, WILL be made available for larger club gatherings – please contact us directly for details
- All accepted vehicles will receive one free admission ticket for the owner/driver (and an event sticker)
- Each owner/driver will now be able to purchase an additional passenger ticket at a 50% discount

Please feel free to share this post with any club or organisation that might like to become involved with us. If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to email us at americanspeedfest@msv.com.
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Faux-7-0

Post by Faux-7-0 »

RobTwin wrote: Fri Nov 15, 19 11:58 am
Pete wrote: Fri Nov 15, 19 11:12 am Mustang Owners have been allocated 10 spaces too....
Fight fight fight... :argue: :wack: :violent1: :runaway!:
Simple solution - we swap our "10" Saturday spaces for the Mustang guys Sunday ones so we both get 20 a piece! Conflict avoided.
Alan; whose 72 Challenger is inexorably taking over the house.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Derek wrote: Fri Nov 15, 19 5:10 pm
- The main display areas behind the start/finish straight will be initially capped at 15 vehicles per club
- Other display areas, inside the venue, WILL be made available for larger club gatherings – please contact us directly for details
So if they're offering potentially 2 areas for clubs to park; one 'main display' area for 15 cars and another larger area elsewhere INSIDE the venue (ie not the 'VIP parking' area mentioned before, which is outside of the show area), couldn't we say no thanks to the 15-car area and just say yes please to the larger area, as long as it's still within the show area? :-k