A motorsport event confirmed for July 2020

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

A motorsport event confirmed for July 2020

Post by MattH »

I received this e-mail from Shelsley Walsh. Motorsport event going ahead, but behind closed doors, so no public. It's a start.
Maybe Matt Snowball and Andy Robinson can get back on track soon. Not sure how this will fit with Santa pod yet?

Following the recent announcements by Motorsport UK to restart motorsport, we are pleased to announce that the first event of 2020 to be held at Shelsley Walsh will take place on 25/26 July.

The Summer Spree weekend has been held every year and we believe this will be a popular event for competitors who have been waiting patiently to go racing again. Entries for this event have therefore reopened, so anyone that is part of the championships listed will be eligible to submit an entry, the closing date for which is 29 June. Those who have already entered have their entries still in place.

Unfortunately, due to the social distancing rules that are still in place, the event will be held behind closed doors without spectators while there will be restrictions on the number of people that can attend per entry.

The team at Shelsley Walsh are currently finalising detailed plans for the 25/26 July weekend so please keep an eye out for further announcements about this event.

As this is the first event we are able to hold this year, it unfortunately means that events that were due to take place before 25 July will not be held. We are therefore working on a revised schedule for the remainder of the season that we will announce as soon as details are confirmed.

Please bear in mind we are on limited staffing levels at present, so keep an eye out for further announcements through our Shelsley Walsh email list and all our three social media channels.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Pete

Re: A motorsport event confirmed for July 2020

Post by Pete »

"Green shoots" of recovery, ehh?

Fingers crossed that we can salvage something of the season...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
MattH

Post by MattH »

I don't think Santa Pod could run much behind closed doors. It is too much of a spectator sport.
The private club RWYB days like the A602's and MOCGB organised would be about all that would allow social distancing.
Pete

Post by Pete »

MattH wrote: Wed Jun 03, 20 2:36 pm
The private club RWYB days like the A602's and MOCGB organised would be about all that would allow social distancing.
Fingers crossed for that one!!!!

May even have the car back together in time!!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I just watched the Williams Bros video on facebook (34 Ford reveal - you got to check it out!) - they mentioned a 'private test day', first-come-first-served, behind closed doors, mid-week day at the Pod that they are finalising arrangements for, sometime in July.... watch this... er, that space ;)
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

yes motorsports starts on 1st July but ive to wait until ....... the 4 of july \:D/ independance day for me at cadwell park, but behind closed doors, no ticket sales, pit crew only so that wont help the pod who dont charge much to race but rely on tickets sales to make there money...... the major motorsport championships btcc, britsh gt etc arnt starting until 1 aug
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
muzzydave

Post by muzzydave »

mocgb private day at the pod on 3 july has been postponed ...got a email from roy today
MattH

Post by MattH »

So my optimism was misplaced. Euronats cancelled. :(
Pete

Post by Pete »

MattH wrote: Wed Jun 10, 20 1:04 pm So my optimism was misplaced. Euronats cancelled. :(
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58893
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Blue

Post by Blue »

RobTwin wrote: Thu Jun 04, 20 1:41 am I just watched the Williams Bros video on facebook (34 Ford reveal - you got to check it out!) - they mentioned a 'private test day', first-come-first-served, behind closed doors, mid-week day at the Pod that they are finalising arrangements for, sometime in July.... watch this... er, that space ;)
I know the Williams have a lot of clout with the Pod but I very much doubt the Pod are calling the shots at the moment.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”