Eighties "Mopar Run" Reunion

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

Dom66

Re: Eighties "Mopar Run" Reunion

Post by Dom66 »

RobTwin wrote: Thu Jul 15, 21 9:29 am Can anyone with as bit of local knowledge recommend a more traffic-free route onto the A259 than the obvious A23, if coming from the north/M25 direction?
Last time we did this journey (last Sept) it was a bit stop/start for the last few miles so just wondered if there's a less popular route?

Looking on google maps/streetview, the route down the B2123 from the A27 looks good until you get to Ovingdean / Rottingdean, where it gets a bit narrow and looks like it could be just a busy at weekends as the main A23 route :-k

Any suggestions?
That's kind of the way I come in, on the 2123 Falmer road, but take a right at the Woodingdean traffic lights and follow Warren road along until the traffic lights at Wilson Avenue, where you can turn left across the racecourse and follow it down to the 259 where you turn left again and its just a few hundred yards to the Cafe entrance. There can be a bit of a queue at Woodingdean lights sometimes, but its never as bad as it looks and I wouldn't expect too much trouble on a Sunday morning.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dom66 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 21 11:33 am
RobTwin wrote: Thu Jul 15, 21 9:29 am Can anyone with as bit of local knowledge recommend a more traffic-free route onto the A259 than the obvious A23, if coming from the north/M25 direction?
Last time we did this journey (last Sept) it was a bit stop/start for the last few miles so just wondered if there's a less popular route?

Looking on google maps/streetview, the route down the B2123 from the A27 looks good until you get to Ovingdean / Rottingdean, where it gets a bit narrow and looks like it could be just a busy at weekends as the main A23 route :-k

Any suggestions?
That's kind of the way I come in, on the 2123 Falmer road, but take a right at the Woodingdean traffic lights and follow Warren road along until the traffic lights at Wilson Avenue, where you can turn left across the racecourse and follow it down to the 259 where you turn left again and its just a few hundred yards to the Cafe entrance. There can be a bit of a queue at Woodingdean lights sometimes, but its never as bad as it looks and I wouldn't expect too much trouble on a Sunday morning.
That looks better, thanks Dom :thumbright:
robnorrington

Post by robnorrington »

Well, I hope you are all enjoying the weather.
My first trip out for a meet and another memory :lol:
We left early to go for breakfast at a different cafe first, the sun was shining, the roads were pretty clear, the car was running great. We can almost see the sea when we get a phone call from my daughter saying she has tested positive for covid!!!!! About turn :cry: .......
Such a shame but safety first.

Enjoy the day and look forward to the next meet up. (probably Euro Nats)

Rob
MattH

Post by MattH »

robnorrington wrote: Sun Jul 18, 21 1:02 pm Well, I hope you are all enjoying the weather.
My first trip out for a meet and another memory :lol:
We left early to go for breakfast at a different cafe first, the sun was shining, the roads were pretty clear, the car was running great. We can almost see the sea when we get a phone call from my daughter saying she has tested positive for covid!!!!! About turn :cry: .......
Such a shame but safety first.

Enjoy the day and look forward to the next meet up. (probably Euro Nats)

Rob
That is a real shame, car looks good, even just in your Avatar picture.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car