NEC CARS WANTED PLEASE!

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

NEC CARS WANTED PLEASE!

Post by Steve »

It's that time again folks!!

We have been offered a space at the NEC Classic Car show in November and we have space for 3 cars.

The show runs from 11th to 14th November, with the public open days being Friday 12th to Sunday 14th.

We are looking for volunteers to display their cars (and hopefully get involved with talking to the public about the cars etc). Thursday 11th is a set up day with plenty of time to get cars in and on display, Friday 12th is a public day, as is Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. Cars can be removed on Sunday evening or Monday morning (15th).

We also need someone to volunteer as a local 'backup just to cover and last minute hiccups please.

If you are interested, please let us know via this thread or a PM please.

I was lucky enough to have my car on the stand a few years ago and it really is a pleasure. It's great fun and you will be amazed at the interest our cars generate! It is also a great way to meet other club members too.

I am stepping aside from attendance at the show and will be handing over to ScottyDave. He has very kindly volunteered to take over... thanks Dave!

Don't be shy!!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
ScottyDave

Re: NEC CARS WANTED PLEASE!

Post by ScottyDave »

Hi all,

As Steve has said I have volunteered to take over from him with this since he has now moved to bonnie Scotland.
I'd like to add that you needn't feel you're cars aren't "Show worthy" I'm sure all offers will be considered.
If everything is immaculate or "Concours" and mine certainly isn't, then we have a false representation of what the club's encompasses to the general public.

As for displaying my Charger? Yes I'd love to, it's one of my goals to display it at the NEC but as the car is still in the Hebrides I cannot commit to it being available in time.

There's quite a varied selection of motors out there so who's up for it? :thumbright:
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
Pete

Post by Pete »

Many thanks for helping out Dave. Steve is a tough act to follow but I am sure you will make out fine!

I sincerely hope that we can obtain members support for the most prestigious Show of the Year.

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Steve

Post by Steve »

Come on folks....don't be shy! :thumbright:
morgan

Post by morgan »

ScottyDave wrote: Sun Aug 22, 21 11:35 am Hi all,

As Steve has said I have volunteered to take over from him with this since he has now moved to bonnie Scotland.
I'd like to add that you needn't feel you're cars aren't "Show worthy" I'm sure all offers will be considered.
If everything is immaculate or "Concours" and mine certainly isn't, then we have a false representation of what the club's encompasses to the general public.

As for displaying my Charger? Yes I'd love to, it's one of my goals to display it at the NEC but as the car is still in the Hebrides I cannot commit to it being available in time.

There's quite a varied selection of motors out there so who's up for it? :thumbright:
Just adding support for this - dont be put off by the 'show-worthy' thing - my car was on the stand a few years ago and its a 10-footer at best; doesnt matter. Real cars, actually used and iconic mopar shapes - thats what its about. :thumbright:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Exactly! The public love the fact that all of the cars we put on our stand are either used or raced (or both).

If it helps, there is no obligation to stay for 3 days, just drop the car to the show on Thursday then collect it on Sunday evening.

James Vette

Post by James Vette »

morgan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 21 10:41 am
ScottyDave wrote: Sun Aug 22, 21 11:35 am Hi all,

Just adding support for this - dont be put off by the 'show-worthy' thing - my car was on the stand a few years ago and its a 10-footer at best; doesnt matter. Real cars, actually used and iconic mopar shapes - thats what its about. :thumbright:
Exactly. Driver quality is best because then you're not paranoid when you take it out.
currently driving: 1971 stingray
Steve

Post by Steve »

It gets commented on quite a lot at the show. We regularly chat to people who say that a lot of the stands are very unapproachable and the cars are trailer Queens. They love our cars as they are used and enjoyed by their owners.

Don't get me wrong, we have had some absolutely stunning cars on the stand (Dave Cristmas' Roadrunner, Pete Wisemans Superbee, just to pluck a couple out of the air), cars that are up there with the best in the show but we get just as much interest when we display hard-core race cars like Duncan Watts' Challenger etc.

The message is clear that we are an enthusiasts club, filled with great cars that get used as intended so don't think for a second that there is a single car in the club that isn't worthy of being considered for our stand. I would rather stand for 3 days talking about a car that's been restored on someone's driveway over ten years than a car that's had a £200k restoration and hasn't got any oil in it as its for display purposes only (it has happened!)

kma176

Post by kma176 »

OK I said I would be up for it -so if you want mine I'm in.
My only problem is I have to attend a wedding Friday so can come up on the Thursday and set up then get off and back on the Saturday If that works??
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

kma176 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 21 11:27 pm OK I said I would be up for it -so if you want mine I'm in.
My only problem is I have to attend a wedding Friday so can come up on the Thursday and set up then get off and back on the Saturday If that works??
Sign him up! :thumbright: :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Morning Kev....THANKYOU!!

We would absolutely love to have your car on display and really appreciate your support! If its OK with you, I will send you a PM later today?

cadboy

Post by cadboy »

I am happy to help out on the stand one of the days at the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.

Also if you need a car mine is available, but it is not the best show car around the MOPAR world. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali
Steve

Post by Steve »

Morning Ali,

Thank you very much for the kind offer. Your car is fantastic and did us proud when it was on the stand last time!

I will drop you a PM later if that's OK?

JinxJay

Post by JinxJay »

hi, i'm trying to get the time off to go, i'll know one way or another on tues.
Steve

Post by Steve »

We would love to get you and your Coronet on the stand so fingers crossed you can get the time off! The only 'strict' timescale is the drop off on Thursday, the rest of the show is flexible as I'm you don't need to be there. Cars are collected on the Sunday evening or Monday morning if its more convenient.

Thanks and hope you can make it!