KFH 2P - CH Chrysler - eBay photos from a collection

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

CLPete

KFH 2P - CH Chrysler - eBay photos from a collection

Post by CLPete »

The other week, someone was selling individual photos of cars on eBay. It smacked of a collection that was being broken up. They seemed to mostly be UK photos from what I took to be the 80's. There were some Australian cars in the mix, including some Valiants. I bid on them (99p) but sadly missed the end of the auction and missed them all, except this one.

KFH 2P - Scanned Photo.png
KFH 2P - Scanned Photo.png (867.8 KiB) Viewed 601 times

KFH 29. Blue CH / CJ (probably a CH). Interestingly, the blue colour choices from the brochure of the time (1974) offered only Regency Blue Metallic with the Black Vinyl roof rather than the Parchment colour this one has.

1974 Brochure - Page 12.png
1974 Brochure - Page 12.png (625.77 KiB) Viewed 601 times

On the back it says "Estcort Road, Gloucester. 18/6/77". Quick look on google maps shows it looks pretty much the same today!

Given this car was 5 years old at this point at the oldest, and possibly younger than that, it doesn't look that cared for. DVLA has no record of the car, suggesting it went to the scrapyard a long time ago.

Gutted I missed the other photos as they were a little slice of Australian car history in the UK. Still, maybe they'll surface on the internet like this one now has.
1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
Russ1971scamp

Re: KFH 2P - CH Chrysler - eBay photos from a collection

Post by Russ1971scamp »

Brings back memories of mine when i was 18.......shame so many the Australian cars went to unknown ends.... including mine...