VH Floor Pans

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

Trigger_Andy

VH Floor Pans

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Anyone know if US A-Body floor pans fit the Charger? Ive got some pin holes in mine and if the US Pans fit then I'd maybe be better off just cutting the old ones out and replacing them? If APC in Oz is the only real option then I'll work with what Ive got.
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Blue

Re: VH Floor Pans

Post by Blue »

Dave 999 will know for sure, but from what I remember him telling me the Aussie Charger floor pan was some sort of early and late A body hybrid.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

the front ones might....

the rears well i get the impression that the rear is shorter than a dart but i don't have a dart to compare

might be worth doing some measuring between your Barracuda and your charger

i know the back end is shorter on a charger behind the wheels but i don't know if they took a bit out in the rear foot well as well it lost a good 8 inches from a dart/ VE VF VG length i think

the front section and tunnel are mid 60s Auto trans A body... from the advent of needing to fit in the 4 speed and the small block 727
the just cut the tunnel and splayed it out a bit welded in a x shaped patch and re did the seam at the tunnel bulkhead interface to match

however the car is wider than a mid 60s A body hard to tell if that is in the floor or just the track and bolt on parts....

i get the impression its an A body front end and front floor.. not sure about rear floor but beyond that, the rear springs set at approx mid 60s B body spacing, 60s B body axle will fit

guess it depends on if fitting A body parts to an aussie is cheaper, all in....than buying notoriously expensive hand formed Aussie panels

template time
remember both LHD and RHD cars had a narrower floor pan on the right hand side.

either way if the USA parts are too small i guess you cut a floor pan sized hole and weld it in

VG
192.3 inches
Total Length: Sedan: 192.3 inches (4884 mm) Hardtop: 199.8 inches (5075 mm)

VH charger

179.7 inches
VH Valiant Charger
Wheelbase 2667 mm (105.0 inches)
Length 4564 mm (179.7 inches)
Width 1885 mm (74.2 inches)
Height 1384 mm (54.5 inches)
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Thanks a lot for the in depth reply (as ever) Dave. :)

Yes, I should have thought of checking the Barracuda and Charger floor pans. :/ Im in Norway for the next few weeks and was wanting to order them so they'd be home when I was. But maybe best just to wait til im home.

Im only needing small patched in the fronts, really only one side to be fair. Partial front floor pans in the US are $70 each, significantly cheaper than getting a full panel from OZ.

https://www.classicindustries.com/produ ... 36021.html

Might be worth just taking the gamble on these since I'll have to wait a bi for shipping anyway.

Andy
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

well at $70 id suggest you'd probably be able to use 95% of what arrives and be a damn sight happier than if you spend the many $100s the aussie panel will cost.
and the £100s the VAT/Customs chaps will put into the Christmas party fund when you ship it..

unless you can find someone shipping a bloody big surf board in a double sized bag

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying