Duster gets a new Radiator

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

kev73dart

Duster gets a new Radiator

Post by kev73dart »

Hi All

I have been thinking about a new Rad for the Duster for a while, not for any other reason that I do like a shiny alloy one, and the theory that the 408 may like some additional cooling capacity.
So when I read the article in Classic American on Paul Singers Duster and the company who built his radiator, I thought I would give them a try.
The result is very impressive and at £480 including a high spec electric fan, I think is an absolute bargain.
If you need a high spec radiator (or Intercooler) building, contact Colin Reay at Creative Fabrications on 07779 776998
Cheers
Kev
Attachments
Copy of IMG_9842.JPG
Copy of IMG_9842.JPG (104.97 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Copy of IMG_9843.JPG
Copy of IMG_9843.JPG (93 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Copy of IMG_9844.JPG
Copy of IMG_9844.JPG (89.46 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Copy of IMG_9845.JPG
Copy of IMG_9845.JPG (101.12 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
You can sleep in your car, you can't race your house!!
autofetish

Re: Duster gets a new Radiator

Post by autofetish »

=D>

Looking good !!!!!!!
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Paul & Lorraine

Post by Paul & Lorraine »

Looks good. He does a great job
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Looks good,but champion radiators(Ebay)£280 to your door,fit great,3 or 4 core,use them on all my stuff,will cool 800hp.

First thing Kev,mechanical fan is doing virtually nothing without a tight fitting fan shroud.

Second thing,the electric fan,looks like theres a gap around edges,and dont work well in front of rad,and only cools approx 1/2 of rad.

on my wagon,i have 2 electric fans,on a controller,in a shroud,flows 3500cfm sucking,down side,they cost $350,the cheap 16"fans flow 900cfm sucking,and about 600cfm blowing,not good enough to cool a Rice burner :lol:
kev73dart

Post by kev73dart »

Cheers for the info Dave.

Oddly, the car runs at 180 degrees in all temperatures, it did with the old rad as well.
The electric fan was recommended by the rad builder as the only type he uses, and he mounted it, and it was by no means 'cheap'!

I'll talk to you about the fans and shroud on yours when I come up in a couple of weeks, because that may be a viable option.
I did look at Rads in the USA and Champion, but I was just a bit nervous of fit and customs charges, I guess I should have asked you, but I'm happy with what Colin has built for me.
Cheers

Kev
You can sleep in your car, you can't race your house!!
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Champion on mine Kev.
I went for the uprated 550hp version as it was only marginally more expensive than the lower rated item.

Going back 3 years now but i think it cost around £230 to my door.
Got it through Leadfoot Racing, but its a champion rad.

Perfect fit and at this time of the year it probably runs too cool with the Mopar fixed fan and no shroud.......My power level is nowhere near yours though!!!

Looks great bud!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"