Dave's 72 Dart

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

ScottyDave

Re: Dave's 72 Dart

Post by ScottyDave »

73 Charger 318
MMA-130
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Its been a long time since ive looked at this but from memory.

MAD ammeter bypass was done. I've used a midi fuse (50a) on the alternator feed.

This is purely from the cabin to the starter solenoid, so should be low amp. No heater, no radio, just switches. So the fuse that I had in was 25a. I believe this was based the wire gauge calculation from the fusible link I bypassed. As I said, it was 6 years ago and many beers since.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Would upgrade to Midi, but think the smallest is 30a. That may be the same as some of the wiring, so want it lower for obvious reasons.
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

You could be constantly drawing close to the 25amp for it to get hot and slowly blow. Maybe replace and take a reading?
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

there are maxi fuses from 20a and up on that ebay link i posted. they're not only high amps, maybe they're just bigger for fat fingers :D
neil.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

mygasser wrote: Sun Sep 25, 22 10:02 pm there are maxi fuses from 20a and up on that ebay link i posted. they're not only high amps, maybe they're just bigger for fat fingers :D
neil.
Was in reply to Daves Midi fuses.... :D
Will look at the Maxi fuses and get some on order. :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Sometimes I think the man upstairs has a plan for me. Maybe early acceptance..... :angel2: :lol:

After 2 months I finally get a message that my pistons are now in stock. That would be the day after the UK £ took an amazingly impressive dump due to the waste of sperm that is the UK government.

Not only is it going to cost me more to procure, the exchange rate will also help me pay more duty and tax too so they get me thrice.

Its just another Conservative cluster Bananarama! to add to the long list over the last few years.

Not sure if I can afford to get the engine finished at this rate and after 11 years it's become a thing of historical interest rather than a project. At some point it will make it into the NSS class......I won't say which year. :-#

Anybody got a crystal ball.....
If I hold off getting the parts it will stay at near 1:1 on the old exchange rate for the foreseeable. I bet you a pound though (all I have left) that If I buy the parts now, I can guarantee that the £ will rally a few days after as that's just my luck.
72 Dodge Dart

Blue

Post by Blue »

Get the parts while you can, if the pound goes up I doubt it will be by much as the dollar is so strong and likely to stay that way while Putin is throwing his weight about.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Dave do as the government does ................

Barrow more :lol:
honestly if anyone is going to wait to see what happens tomorrow we will never do anything, life has to carry on and sometimes with harder decisions than other days.

If you need to do it then you must as soon as possible, so fingers cross :thumbright:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Well gents it's done.
I've paid the man at a fantastic $1.014 as the exchange rate.

Think I will have to sell the mint interior I have to offset some of this. :angryfire:
72 Dodge Dart

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

It lives again. Electrics sorted.
30 mile round trip for fuel without issue. Happy Days.
Attachments
20221002_141802.jpg
20221002_141802.jpg (206.93 KiB) Viewed 7262 times
72 Dodge Dart

Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

Looking Good :thumbright:

After a 30 mile trip for fuel, you'll probably need to go and refuel.... :roll:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Joys of living in the sticks mate.
It's a great drive though with good A roads and little traffic.
72 Dodge Dart

Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Dave81 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 22 8:11 pm Anybody got a crystal ball.....
If I hold off getting the parts it will stay at near 1:1 on the old exchange rate for the foreseeable. I bet you a pound though (all I have left) that If I buy the parts now, I can guarantee that the £ will rally a few days after as that's just my luck.
Told you....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thats about £200.
72 Dodge Dart

Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Dave81 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 22 1:05 pm Joys of living in the sticks mate.
It's a great drive though with good A roads and little traffic.

15 miles round trip to the Shell at Bridgo, Buddy. I reckon you did 15 miles fast lapping the bypass. :lol:
;)
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435