Charger project and a couple of pics of the Galaxie

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

pinoccio

Charger project and a couple of pics of the Galaxie

Post by pinoccio »

Hi everyone, I'm sure you like to see other members' cars, so here they are. the charger will be a while in restoration and I'm just using the galaxy as I work on it.
Reggie

EDIT: unfortunately the galaxie pics won't load. i'll keep trying.
Attachments
Charger engine bay
Charger engine bay
$_3.JPG(25).jpg (74.85 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
Charger Interior
Charger Interior
$_3.JPG(15).jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
charger 2
charger 2
$_3.JPG(11).jpg (77.3 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
Charger 1
Charger 1
$_3.JPG(6).jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

That will keep you busy!

Maybe the Galaxie pictures are too big - try to re-size them to around 225kb or link from a host such as photobucket.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
pinoccio

projeckt 68 charger

Post by pinoccio »

hi pete, thanks for the advice on resizing my galaxie pics, I think its best il try to take some with my j peg camera. and try again. and yes you are right about the charger.but rome wasn't built in a day. im a very patient chap, so will keep plodding on. in the mean time keep buying more parts when I can. I need front bumper and its brackets if you know anybody who has them. that would be a great help. I do have a spare latch tray and support with headlight backing panels to help trade for them too. regards reggie
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

Hi Reggie,
Perhaps the mods could move this to the Workshop thread?
It might get a few more views on there.

And if you need parts like a bumper i'm sure Duncan (Cannonball) would have something so put up a want ad in the 'wanted' section.
I expect you'll be needing a few parts...

Good luck with the project, Stu.
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hi stu. thank you for that.. as you know im new here. il go now to the wanted section and post a wants list I must learn the way round the forum better. I need a bumper and its brackets so I can line all the front of my charger up before I fabricate the parts I need to make good the front end. its not important on the condition as long as its not buckled.[ front bumper that is]. even card templates of the bumper brackets would do me
im sure I could make them. regards reggie
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Moved :thumbright:
morgan

Post by morgan »

That looks like one of the netherlands project cars. Could be wrong...

Good luck reggie - tear it down, see what you got, take LOTS of pics as you go. On the upside, most of it looks to be there.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
68 beeper

Post by 68 beeper »

Love it :thumbright:
pinoccio

68 charger

Post by pinoccio »

thank you chaps. yes I love it too. I got it from the us via kevin and Jamie at hill shipping. great guys they are to deal with for your shipping needs,
its a numbers matching 318 . and was never molested. having said that. I think you must be a brave man to take it on. I am that brave man. my bedroom is full of charger parts too. er no im not married. ive had that t shirt many moons ago. now ich habe eine deutsch frau. in Deutschland. that's enough for me. my love is my charger only only she will be awhile before im inlove with her. ie . driving her. but as they say. all good things come to those who wait. im a very patient chap, good job too seeing my charger as she is. I will post more pics when I have done some more work on her, im collecting parts mainly. and have restored some interior panels and my front grill. but lots more parts are needed for the moment as im sure you know. chargers are made up with many many parts and ive been collecting them over 2 years, reggie
Pete

Post by Pete »

You sound like a single-minded chap and I am sure you are bound to succeed.

There is lots of help and advice on her from people who have made the same journey.

Keep us all updated!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hi pete, yes you got that right. I never give up. my father was in the raf, and me and my sisters were never allowed to use the word cant in our house, if a person could do something that ive never done. then id learn to do the something too. so yes she will be restored . and to my best ability too, and as close to original as I can get. but with a few of my own mods too. eg. I like the 69 grill. so that's what I brought for her, and that's whats been fitted when im finished, the grill and headlights in there backing frame are on the floor at the bottom of my bed. complete. its even wider than my double bed. yes I sleep with my charger parts too. sad you may say. but what a way to live and sleep. with ones dreams. in the mean time im loving driving the galaxie. it drives real smooth. and cruises easy just past tickover
mr m

Post by mr m »

hi reggie
mate you were not joking when you told me about ur charger good luck with the build and will let u know when I have some more bits

u brave lunatic :thumbright: :thumbright:
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
pinoccio

Post by pinoccio »

hi mr m. yes I told you. it wasn't quite what I was expecting when it arrived. so I just have to deal with it, even the torsion bar crossmember is only half in there. so the off side is on its knees. the hood was creased where it opens at the hinges. ive repaired it now. that took about a week. I had to fabricat a new inner panel from one side to the other where the hinges bolt to the hood. the radiator support frame and grill frame was also buckled. that's now sorted out too. nearside fender is almost all done. so when I find some bumper brackets and bumper. il then be able to see if all my work lines up the front end ok. as regards joking. im autistic there, don't tell jokes. and rarely get them too. im a serious chap and not the joking kind. but as you may say. I am nuts. I just have to have what I want when I want. but my heart bought my charger. so I must deal with her issues. and love and cherish her . til death do us part. to me the charger is the ultimate muscle car.