70 Charger Jacking

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

rpeters

70 Charger Jacking

Post by rpeters »

I want to jack up the charger over winter, any views on jacking points, especially rear ie. axle or chassis, for long term weight-off-wheels?
Pete

Post by Pete »

I jack the Super Bee up until the rear suspension is fully extended and then put stands under the body near the rear spring hangers / torque boxes.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Garp

Post by Garp »

Can I be so bold as to ask what the benefits are of keeping car on stands over winter ?
I am doing a front end bush replacement as well as steering, new starter motor etc etc so mine will be up anyways but had I not had these things to do, she would've stood as normal.

:D
Aerodynamics are for people who can�t build engines
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Garp wrote:Can I be so bold as to ask what the benefits are of keeping car on stands over winter ?
I am doing a front end bush replacement as well as steering, new starter motor etc etc so mine will be up anyways but had I not had these things to do, she would've stood as normal.

Non really, a heavy car like a Bentley can get flat spots on the tires standing in the same position for long periods causes a very rough ride until things even out again a mopar is not heavy enough to cause this,,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
rpeters

Post by rpeters »

Simples really, I too have things to do underneath and not much spare time to do it. Therefore once it's up, it maybe up for a for 6 months..... :roll:
rpeters

Post by rpeters »

Simples really, I too have things to do underneath and not much spare time to do it. Therefore once it's up, it maybe up for a for 6 months..... :roll:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Only jack the rear of mine.

Two reasons........

Anti theft device.

Main Reason is so I can run the car in gear through winter just to keep everything moving.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
lough3969

Post by lough3969 »

Dave81 wrote:Only jack the rear of mine.

Two reasons........

Anti theft device.

Main Reason is so I can run the car in gear through winter just to keep everything moving.
Did you see Ferris Buellers Day Off???? :-k
Pimps in the Front
Hoes in the Back
Chumps in the Trunk

68 Dart Post
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

lough3969 wrote:
Dave81 wrote:Only jack the rear of mine.

Two reasons........

Anti theft device.

Did you see Ferris Buellers Day Off???? :-k
Yeah (i'm a child of the 80s, so bit of a cult film for me).

Luckily its not my dads, I don't keep the throttle pinned to the floor or have a desire to kick it (well not that often). My garage is also not on stilts! 8-) :D

Front wheels are chocked and its in Drive and reverse at tickover...........Think I'm safe!! :thumbright:

I'm also sad enough to stand looking at it whilst listening to the V8....just incase! :help:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
ANTON

Post by ANTON »

I normally jack under the center of the diff as high as i can and then put the axle stands under the bottom shock plates to get as much height as i can.
the front i jack under the center of the k-frame and put the axle stands under the anti-roll bar brackets on the k-frame.
www.apdautomotive.co.uk
APD Automotive
Unit B3 Connaught Business Centre
22 Willow Lane
MITCHAM
CR4 4NA
0208 6400729

https://www.facebook.com/#!/apdautomotive.ltd
Jim

Post by Jim »

Cannonball wrote:
Garp wrote:Can I be so bold as to ask what the benefits are of keeping car on stands over winter ?

Non really, a heavy car like a Bentley can get flat spots on the tires standing in the same position for long periods causes a very rough ride until things even out again a mopar is not heavy enough to cause this,,
It is actually Dunc'. I had exactly this problem with my Challenger and my Cuda. I left them parked in my garage for over a year without moving, when I took them out 3 of the tyrewalls bulged and split 2 on the Challenger and 1 on the Cuda. These were about 6 years old hardly used BFG's. I replaced them on both cars with Pirelli's.