71 Dodge Dart 360 V8

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

uber cool

Post by uber cool »

The other thing im not sure about is fitting a H pipe across the exhausts. I know it supposed to help with scavenging but has anyone got a system fitted that doesn't have the balance pipe? As I'm told it sounds better without?
Pete

Post by Pete »

In terms of "H" pipes, i think it is as broad as it is long, "H" pipes can make some tasks a real pain.

BTW, if you think your set up is tight, try a big block in one of those Puppies!! ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
uber cool

Post by uber cool »

Pete wrote:In terms of "H" pipes, i think it is as broad as it is long, "H" pipes can make some tasks a real pain.

BTW, if you think your set up is tight, try a big block in one of those Puppies!! ;)
Ok thanks, since i haven't fabricated one yet I'll leave it out for now and see how it runs , certainly makes it easy to take the exhaust off on 2 sections.

In my teens I worked on Mini's a lot, but since then my hands and arms have gained a few pounds!

Big block, no thanks, I didn't realise until I came to drop the auto box I knew so many swear words :D
Johnny Dart

Post by Johnny Dart »

Good project :thumbright:
uber cool

Post by uber cool »

Johnny Dart wrote:Good project :thumbright:
Thanks, was reading about yours earlier tonight too :D
Johnny Dart

Post by Johnny Dart »

uber cool wrote:
Johnny Dart wrote:Good project :thumbright:
Thanks, was reading about yours earlier tonight too :D
Thanks also, I'm afraid thatthe Dart project, stalled a bit at the moment, due to the arrival of the UTE, but the gearbox is out and on the bench ready so thats some progress.
:thumbright:
MattH

Post by MattH »

Looks a great car, lovely and straight, and the work you're doing is great to sort it out.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

uber cool wrote:The other thing im not sure about is fitting a H pipe across the exhausts. I know it supposed to help with scavenging but has anyone got a system fitted that doesn't have the balance pipe? As I'm told it sounds better without?
Did a lot of thinking on what to do on mine when I had the exhaust done. I opted to keep them separate for access etc. Sounds bloody good too!!

From all the research I did is that benefits are minimal under 500hp and that an X is better than a H. I'm pretty sure back to back with and without the H, that the ole 'butt dyno' would probably feel no real difference. Maybe 3-4hp and a movement in the peak torque higher up the rpm.

I'd rather be able to get to the diff without removing the exhaust first..........depends what you want from it really? :thumbright:

Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

When I had the system done on the four door Satellite I put an H-pipe on it but had it flanged (like header ends) so you could pop it off for ease of access.
Dodge This, Cat That

uber cool

Post by uber cool »

ok thanks guys for info on the exhaust.

The magnum 500's, they are gone now as they were 14's and all different width and offsets, not 1 matched!

This is maybe were I'll loose a few fans, as im going to run it on modern 17" wheels in matt black with polished rims.

But im not 100% sure might not have enough offset, but I need to get the car out on the ground and do the funny face pull whilst I walk around the car to see if I like or not.

But i do have plan B :lol:
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

I'd vote for plan B!
Or rallyes. ;)
-Jon.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Modern wheels on old cars, never looks right to me...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
MattH

Post by MattH »

Plan B, look at James' Demon, he runs similar.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Loads on FABO run 17s...........The only wheel that I think looks about right is the usual Torque Thrust wheels.
Most of the moderns don't seem to fit with the period of the car.

I wonder if the 17" Rallye wheels would look right on this.....Seen it on an E and B body and it didn't look too bad??? :-k

Edit........Plan B for me!!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
RW71

Post by RW71 »

I vote Plan B! :lol:
Lovely car by the way, welcome aboard! :thumbright: