71 Dodge Dart 360 V8

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

uber cool

Post by uber cool »

I also have a plan C, original steel 15" rims

ChrisN34

Post by ChrisN34 »

I Like those rallye wheels, in my opinion original wheels make the car. Never a fan of modern ones (Magnums and slots are my only exceptions)
uber cool

Post by uber cool »

After a lot of google and starring at photos and without the option of just trying another yoke I decided to tackle it head on. With the gearbox out and stood on its end I took off the tail shaft housing so I could better see the full length of the output shaft and splines. The yoke was a tight fit (tap with a hammer would move it a couple of mm each hit). It wasn't binding in one spot, it was tight on the tops of the output shaft splines and hence bottom of the yoke splines. After a bit of head scratched decided it must be a machining tolerance issue on the yoke (which looks new and aftermarket). Also found a few small burrs on the top of output shaft splines, so I dressed these off with a fine file and oiled wet n dry paper. kept doing this, maybe 10 or more times and each time it would go on easier with less effort. Got it to a nice point where with it greased and light hand pressure it would push up and down the splines smoothly. So next rebuilt the tail shaft and box ready to go back in. No photos but hope to get the box back in over the weekend and see if the B&M flex plate has solved the engine vibration issue.