68 valiant signet 2 door

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

mygasser

Re: 68 valiant signet 2 door

Post by mygasser »

ScottyDave wrote: Wed Jul 21, 21 4:42 pm Well done, enjoy the cruise :thumbright:
will do mate, at least i know the seats are comfy. i did a thousands of miles in them in the last c class estate i had before the diesel pump gave up and i scrapped it. i knew the seats were worth saving :thumbright:
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

the test drive went well :thumbright:
no leaks and everything works as it should, the brakes (still stock drums up front) are as expected and i can see discs being fitted there soon. they're not bad but not up to idiots with modern abs brakes doing an emergency stop in front of me good either. the gear lever may get shimmed slightly over towards the passenger's side (2" ish) as it's close to the steering wheel when selecting reverse.
the dash cap arrived this morning so i can trim the old one and get that glued in place when i get some time, the cortina jobs, the rebuild of the 383 big block and a back log of honey do's need doing first after spending over a week getting the valiant mobile :roll:
no video of the drive out as i was on my own.
cheers, neil.
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

Sounds good, must have been a smile on your face :thumbright:
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

Dom66 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 21 10:21 am Sounds good, must have been a smile on your face :thumbright:
it sure did mate, i had to drive through the high street and everything :thumbright:
neil
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

mygasser wrote: Sun Jul 25, 21 3:36 pm
Dom66 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 21 10:21 am Sounds good, must have been a smile on your face :thumbright:
it sure did mate, i had to drive through the high street and everything :thumbright:
neil
Ha! you probably put a smile on a few other folks faces as well then :thumbright: :thumbright:
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

yeah, they probably thought look at the rusty (only surface rust where the paint's burnt off) noisy piece of crap ;)
but i don't care, it's my rusty noisy piece of crap and i love it :thumbright:
neil.
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

I was sitting idling (loudly) at the lights in the high street the other day, watching a smart looking old couple toddling along past out of the corner of my eye. The old guy had a huge grin on his face and was giving the car a good look up and down while his missus was shaking her head, pulling her collar over her face and tutting audibly.

Can't please everyone :D
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

Dom66 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 21 4:38 pm Can't please everyone :D
that's for sure ;)
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i tried to order a speedo drive gear from brewers yesterday but they can't post to the uk any more, something to do with our vat. so i've got to contact my cousin in pennsylvania to make sure it's ok to have it sent to her and then have her forward it to me over here. what a pain :(
neil.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Since brexit US companies now have to charge VAT at their end, funnily enough not many are willing to collect tax for the UK government so won't deal with us anymore.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

they think they have to
as far as i can tell they don't actually have to..... in fact if they did you'd get charged it again as part of the import process

Nout between us and the US has changed they are reading the rules for Europe and think it applies to them

European companies can collect VAT for us but must specify on 5 separate invoices for the item and its shipping that they have,
so the customs idiot at this end doesn't re apply it

so if the company in question will send it as a normal export no VAT applied like they used to

it will land

you will get pinged in the normal way for import duty VAT and a clearance fee if the cost of the item warrants all 3

its getting very silly some of the US newspapers and car magazines won't let UK customers onto their websites either due to GDPR
which also makes no sense. if i am happy to fill in my details on their site i'm happy to be spammed by them and their affiliated partners for the rest of my life.....its called freedom, they don't need to make that decision for me.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i thought the uk wasn't affected too (since leaving the eu) but wasn't going to argue with them when i do have another option to get what i need.
neil.
ps i've put a wanted ad on various uk forums just in case someone can help and sell me one here first.
Blue

Post by Blue »

You can no longer access online content from the likes of Hot Rod and Car Craft these days.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i had an email from motor trend saying my prescription was ending, it was still active up to yesterday though so i'm not sure what the cutoff date is.
neil.
edit... 4th august and it still works.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

ashley's coming here tomorrow after work and we're off to a local cruise night at herne bay in the valiant. first real drive out in it :thumbright:
neil.