68 valiant signet 2 door

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

mygasser

Re: 68 valiant signet 2 door

Post by mygasser »

not progress as such but i spoke to my a/c guy at the weekend, first about gassing up my merc daily before summer but most importantly about pressure testing all the parts except the compressor from the valiant. that way i know what if anything i'll need to replace. i'll use a modern sanden type compressor for it's smaller size anyway so won't get the big old iron thing looked at.
neil.
ps still not got the wheels back, i'll have to chase him up.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i collected the slot mags monday after work, all drilled to fit ford/mopar 4 1/2" pcd. so good for the 9" ford rear axle and also the front hubs once they too are redrilled from the small mopar 4" pcd to the bigger 4 1/2" so only one spare wheel will be needed.
i got wheel nuts from work but wasn't happy with the washers, i thought they were a bit loose on the 3/4" shank of the nut. to be fair all the lug nuts i've ever had have been the same but i can make the fit better so i got washers for 11/16" shank nuts and opened them out to suit on my lathe, 'cos i can. they are now a nice sliding fit so with a dab of copperslip i'll be happy. the shank is a bit long for the thickness of the front wheels but they won't take long to turn down. i've really missed having a lathe so i'm enjoying getting to use it :thumbright:
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

mygasser wrote: Wed Mar 20, 19 9:47 pm i've really missed having a lathe so i'm enjoying getting to use it :thumbright:
I’d be lost without my lathe, hardly a day goes by where I don’t use it.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Pete

Post by Pete »

Time for some more pictures, I believe!! :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

mopar_mark wrote: Thu Mar 21, 19 9:57 am
mygasser wrote: Wed Mar 20, 19 9:47 pm i've really missed having a lathe so i'm enjoying getting to use it :thumbright:
I’d be lost without my lathe, hardly a day goes by where I don’t use it.
I just need a mill now, plus somewhere to put it ;)
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

Pete wrote: Thu Mar 21, 19 12:47 pm Time for some more pictures, I believe!! :thumbright:
Tomorrow :thumbright:
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

:GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!: :GimmePics!:
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

:lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

My eyes!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

ok here's some pics, now don't keep on at me [-X
i got the wheels mounted to the axle and i've got some measurements of overall width which is 67" and distance between the tyres at 42". i can add a little once there's a disc each side between the halfshaft and wheel but only about 3/16" per side. the valiant's outside under it's new cover as i've got that anglia back in for exhaust, gauges and a couple of other jobs. these jobs all pay for my car so....
anyway, pics.
Attachments
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG (99.45 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG (104.37 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG (84.43 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

this thread is useless without replies :?
or am i in the naughty corner for using a ford axle? ;)
neil.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

mygasser wrote: Sun Mar 24, 19 9:52 pm this thread is useless without replies :?
or am i in the naughty corner for using a ford axle? ;)
neil.
I’ve been running a 9” axle for at least 15 years, Ford 9” has more easily available options than a Dana, generally cheaper, lighter, .... :D
There also seems to be less traffic on this site these days, so don’t take it personally :thumbright:
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

I'm watching with interest

most of what you do is so far beyond what i do in my hovel of a garage that, i'm unlikely to be able to pop up with anything other than the odd NICE!

:)

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

thanks guys, it's nice to know people are still looking in. the latest purchase is a tunnel ram...... for a 440. yes my engine is a 383 but when did you last see a 383 tunnel ram for sale? why a tunnel ram? i can easily fit 2 impco 425 gas mixers on top, each will support up to 325hp so i'm good for future tuning (stroker, heads, cam etc) while still being comparably cheap to run.
anyway the plan is to 'narrow' the 440 tunnel ram by either cutting a section out of the middle of the base or sectioning both sides through the runners. either way it's only metal so it's doable. i'll be collecting it near the end of may (i'm in the area then) as i'm not in a rush for it and i'm too tight to pay postage.
neil.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Wheels look really good, I have 2 sets of slots here for my Aussie Charger, one set is the factory fit, all need to look shiny like yours. Where did you get them done?
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car